Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Green Arrow Week Continues...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Green Arrow Week Continues...!

silly

If that picture isn't mind-boggling, then I don't know what is. If you can manage to draw your horrified (but fascinated) gaze off of Batman playing a large boomerang, and Hal pretending to know how to play a guitar, just feast you eyes on Oliver, who is playing the drums, and using ARROWS as the drumsticks.

I hope that they are dull arrows, or that set of drums is going to trashed in pretty short order. I'm not actually positive that this qualifies as portraying a set of "trick" arrows, but still, using arrows in an unorthodox manner will also apply. This is my challenge, and I can make up the rules as I go. So there.

9 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Of COURSE those are trick arrows! They're drumstick arrows! :-)

Oh, Batman is definitely the most painful to see of that trio. Painful, painful ...

And, actually, Hal DOES know how to play a guitar -- or he did. He certainly played one back in GL #36 (1965), when he first met Dorine/Onu Murtu. No surprise -- Hal played guitar in order to attract babes. ;-)

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The drum skins would need to be made from a promethium mesh. DC's version of Adamantium.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

One of my all time favorite out-of-context Silver Age panels. At one point in my musical youth I actually wrote three verses to "Going Batty for you"

Seriously.

Thanks for the memory! I wonder if I saved that somewhere...

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where in all the galaxies did you find this?

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Stole it from Scans Daily, bless their twisted little hearts.

Sea, I can perfectly understand Hal using guitar to attract the babes. It is such a very "Hal"-ish thing to do. I just don't believe that he really put a whole lot of effort into it.

On the other hand, I DO believe that John can really play piano. He doesn't do it as a babe magnet, he does it because he likes it.

Soup, I FULLY expect you to post those lyrics.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With 4 strings and a neck that long I'd have to say it's a bass rather than regular electric guitar.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Alas, Sally... I fear it's gone to the same place all my Star Wars figures went to.

And my kindergarten drawings.

And my Dazzler and Power Pack collection.

(Mom sold them for Zinfandel money! .. shhh...)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Soup, I feel your pain.

*sniff*

That's what happened to all my Jonny West dolls. I even had the RANCH!

I'm going to go and sit in a corner and mourn my lost childhood for a while.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger MilwaukeeMauler said...

Actually its nit the real heros but criminals posed as heros and Supergirl had to solve the robberies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home