Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Now If I was in Charge...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Now If I was in Charge...!

Seriously, haven't we ALL just fantasized a little bit about how we would improve Comics if WE were the ones in charge? I know I have. Bring back Ted (yaaayy!), Bring back Max as he used to be, STOP KILLING EVERYBODY, and so on an so forth.

Which brings me in a roundabout way, to my current dilemna. What on Earth, should be done with Fire and Ice? Ice is back from the dead which is a wonderful thing. And although magic was involved in a roundabout sort of way, no deals with the devil were made. At the moment, she is just hanging around. She's had a lovely reunion with Fire over in Checkmate, and a slightly less satisfying reunion with Guy in Green Lantern Corps, but she doesn't seem to be doing anything in particular. And I haven't seen much of Fire recently either. She's still in Checkmate, but she doesn't seem to be all that happy about it.

I fully admit that I love the old JLI...the one with Guy, Fire, Ice, J'onn, Scott Free and Barda, Ted and Booster. THAT was MY Justice League, and in a way, it always will be. However, I do understand the meaning of progress, and that things do change. The current lineup is ok too...with the exception of Geoforce, who is a dweeb.

But I digress.

We need to get Fire back with Ice. They just go together so well. Like Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Like Simon and Garfunkel. I understand that Mr. Tomasi has some plans for Ice and Guy in upcoming GL Corps books, and this is pleasing to me. Also, Guy, Fire, Ice and Booster all apparently show up in March's issue of Blue Beetle, which is ALSO pleasing to me. But still, what to do with them?

Birds of Prey would be a perfect location, in my humble opinion. Black Canary is out for the moment at least, running around with Oliver and the Justice League. Misfit isn't really capable quite yet of performing missions, which leaves the bulk of the work up to Huntress and Lady Blackhawk, and Zinda usually is more of a backup person, than the one actually getting her hands dirty...at least some of the time. Oracle could REALLY use some new talent. I like the thought of Manhunter showing up occasionally, but let's not forget that she's a busy attorney AND a Mom, and frankly, I don't know how she has the time. For that matter, I'm not sure how Huntress can find the time to be a teacher, go drinking with Zinda and still beat up the bad guys and infiltrate the Mob, but she's probably better at managing her time than I am.

Babs DID consider Fire as a possible recruit, waaaaay back, but thought that perhaps she was too flakey. Fire in the meantime has undergone quite a bit of personal trauma, and perhaps grown up a bit, so I think that she'd be a much better choice nowadays, than formerly. Besides, I like Fire, and I think she'd add a bit of humor to the Birds.

I also think that Ice would be a welcome recruit to the Birds. She has a pretty interesting power, she's help calm down Misfit, it would be lovely to have her back with Fire again, and she pretty much gets along with everybody. AND, she'd bring Guy into the picture, at least peripherally, which could be VERY interesting. Guy and Zinda are old buddies of course, but since Babs is still technically something of a BAT, it would make for all kinds of tension and misunderstandings, since as we all know...Bats and Green Lanterns don't mix.

Heh heh.

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Patrick C said...

It's weird to see where the old Giffen Leaguers are today. Guy Gardner is having a renaissance in GLC, Booster is off saving the time stream, Fire a member of Checkmate, Mister Miracle angsting in Death of the New Gods.

I'm looking forward to their appearance in Blue Beetle, they've all grown so much since then. It'd be interesting seeing their interactions based on how they are now.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Wouldn't it be marvelous if the old JLIers had to team up and bail out the current Justice League team? ;-)

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Siskoid said...

Now that we have Blue and Gold, I'd be totally up for a Fire and Ice revival.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The members that are currently amongst the living, are indeed having some interesting adventures, but you have to admit that an awful LOT Of them got screwed royally.

Sea, I would be giddy with delight, if the old crew had to come in and save the current team. ESPECIALLY with the "big Three" on board. ESPECIALLY with the big Three on board.

Ice was dead, and Fire has been lurking around the fringes of things, but ya know, for quite a number of years, they were pretty important in the DC Universe. They deserve their time back in the spotlight. I LIKE Fire and Ice. I can't really think of anybody who doesn't like Fire and Ice.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Guy guesting in BOP would be interesting. THey could clash because of the Lantern-Bat thing, but they could also later reminisce about Ted.

And a current meeting between the modern-day Giffen members would be fun, especially with Booster having to keep HIS growth and maturity secret from the others, like Bruce Wayne playing up the "playboy" image in public.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home