Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Gosh, but I'm feeling Smug

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gosh, but I'm feeling Smug

In the wake of the Sinestro Corps War, there has been quite a bit of furious speculation on the whole Blackest Night prophecy, and just exactly who is going to be in those new corps. I just want to point out, that waaaaaaaay back, on June 21st, in this very blog, I pointed out that Black Hand had been making references to the Darkest Night, in Green Lantern #6.

I'm feeling quite smug right about now. I do feel that somehow, Black Hand will be involved with the Black Lanterns. They're even using his symbol. I do think it is rather neat that Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver have this whole scenario already thought out...it's nice when things have some time to simmer and percolate. Honestly, with SOME of the ideas that are used, you would swear that the writer came up with them in the bathroom between editorial meetings or something.

Well, otherwise, I've got nothin'. So I just wanted to wallow a little in the reflection of my own brilliance, before toodling off to the Comic Book Store. Not quite the anticipation of last week, but heck, there are always good books to be found.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Gosh, but you're smug. ;-)

WOW! I had totally forgotten about Black Hand specifically mentioning the Blackest Night! Well, that appears to clinch all of the speculation, then. It appears that Black Hand really is going to have a, er, hand in the upcoming proceedings.

I still think Nekron, Lord of the Unliving, is going to be involved, too. I think Geoff Johns hinted at that when Arisia was brought back. Remember the bit where Hal was reminiscing about when he first met Arisia? THAT was during the huge GLC fight with Nekron and Krona, the renegade Guardian! At the time, Hal said that Nekron could never be destroyed, but he COULD be stopped.

I wouldn't put it past Geoff Johns to pull Nekron out of mothballs and make him even nastier than he was before!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Will Staples said...

I maintain that the Empire of Tears is behind this evilness!

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with the planet being Ysmault, with Nekron as the Guardian. Both Nekron and the Empire were demonic, so relating them does make sense, to me at least. Geoff Johns has been known to use portions of the history of the DCU and combine them *cough*Sinestro/Anti-Monitor*cough*.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes, Sea, my smuggery knows no bounds.

It is possible of course, that ALL of the characters you have all mentioned may be involved in the Darkest Night story! If you can have the Anti-Monitor, Superbrat Prime, Hank Henshaw AND Sinestro, why not Black Hand, Nekron and the Empire of Tears?

Oh, and throw in Krona for good measure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home