Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of the Green

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of the Green

Yes, I admit it. I went out and bought the trade of GLC, which includes issues 7-13, EVEN though I had already bought the original books when they first came out. Why, you may ask, would I do such a thing? Well, the trade has this really beautiful cover by Pat Gleason for one thing.

Guy pictures

Ain't it purty?

Secondly, it is just so darned HANDY to have all those issues compiled neatly together, instead of having to root through my boxes. I am not a particularly organized person. I do rather wish that there had been a foreward or something, but what the heck, it's still good.

If for some reason, you have not read these particular issues, then SHAME! 'Cause they are fantastic. Numbers 7-9 are the issues written by Keith Champagne, and are simply fantastic. He does a fabulous job with Guy, and it is some of Pat Gleason's most cinematic artwork. The other stories are by Dave Gibbons who does his usual excellent job, with the issues that lead up to the Sinestro Corps War, and all the sinister little things that were going on in the background the whole time. There is a LOT of foreshadowing going on here. Gotta love those glowing little yellow lights.

Oh, and there's Mogo, and that's always fun. And Crazy Kilowog! Iolande and Soranik almost have a catfight! Ramey Holl and her adorable freckles!

Excuse me, I have to go and read it again.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Ramey Holl gets a GL action figure. She is the coolest female Lantern with a roughly humanoid shape I can remember seeing in a while. (Iolande and Soranik Natu are more of what we've seen before...)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

R'amy IS adorable isn't she? I think she has an apostrophe in her name, although I didn't use it in my article. I wish that they'd bring out ALL the female Green Lantern figures for that matter.

Oh, and Guy deserves a new figure too. He only has two, and they are both the same body, just a new head sculpt.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah but I cant imagine how they could improve. Maybe they should do a Guy from when he was Reborn with Sinestro's Power Ring? Like John told Hal, the G stood for Girl Magnet.

And R'amey Holl needs a GL action figure, not a glowly blue alien Green Lantern Corpse person.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Aw heck,why not both versions of R'amey? And while we are at it, I want a new GL version of Guy, a Warrior version of Guy, Guy in the blue jacket with the yellow ring, and Bartender Guy. Oh, and Guy in that cool black outfit that he wore with R'amey!

Wicked cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home