Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: One HELL of a Wednesday!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

One HELL of a Wednesday!

Gosh, I'm happy. Quite a bit poorer, but happy. This was one heck of a comicbook week! I was lucky enough to pick up the following:

All-Star Superman #9
Black Adam #4
Booster Gold #4
Countdown #24
Fables #67
Green Arrow/Black Canary #2
JLA: Classified #46
Punisher #52
Salvation Run #1
Suicide Squad #3
Thor #4
X-Factor #25
Wolverine #59
Wonder Woman #14

Oh, and the Green Lantern Corps "Dark Side of the Green" Trade compilation. I of course HAVE all of these, but it is so handy sometimes, to just pull the book out. Besides, I've been going through GL withdrawal, so I had to read it cover to cover anyway.

So...there are some pretty good books in that list. Some better than others, but that's not unnusual. I can honestly say that there was not a real stinker amongst them however, and that's always a nice thing.

All-Star Superman was superb as always. Not everyone likes Frank Quitely's artwork, but I must say that I love it. It is a little on the quirky side, but his linework, and his backgrounds are amazing. And look...his people have hands! And feet! And varying body types and facial expressions!
And they accidentally broke the moon, then stitched it back together using suspension bridges! Oh, and Jimmy Olsen decides to wear his underwear on the outside. Good stuff, good stuff.

Black Adam was creepy and poignant all at the same time. The art was lovely too. I know that Black Adam has...anger issues and all, but darnit, I like him.

Heck, even Countdown was pretty good. Boy, Superbrat Prime REALLY has issues. Serious, serious issues.

Fables continues the story of Ambrose, and he is kicking some serious Homeland tail. Defeating the enemy and acquiring allies at the same time. Who knew that Fly was so smart?

In JLA:Classified, J'onn finally gets his act together. 'Bout time!

To be Continued!

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Can Booster Gold get any more awesome? I mean, before the next issue where they've already indicated they're gonna be even awesomer?

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gyuss - it indeed CAN be even more awesomer. I refer you to the last panel of Booster Gold #1 and the solicit/preview for Booster Gold #6

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I haven't been to the comic store yet this week! Waaaaahh!!

And, YES, I will definitely look for Greg Rucka WW stories now, Sally. Thanks for the tip. :-)

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sheesh, Booster Bold just keeps rolling on. I love the art, I love the writing, I love the concept.

Oh Sea, you poor baby! There are OODLES of goodies this week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home