Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Head-Banging

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Head-Banging

Ahhh...that good old standby, that ace in the hole, the plot bunny that never fails to deliver...whenever I am completely at the end of my inspiration, I can always count on darling Hal for some sweet sweet head-thwacking violence.

Hal Pictures

I just can't help it, seeing Hal getting hit in the head just cracks me up. I can only assume that mentally I am only twelve. What is odd however, is that it is usually JUST Hal that gets conked in the noggin. While I am sure that there are examples of the other Lanterns getting beaned, I can't really think of any off hand.

This is the only one that I can come up with off the top of my head (haw!) for Guy.

<Guy pictures

Personally, I find that example to be hilarious, but it is fairly rare. And while Batman did indeed take out Guy with "one punch!" it was indeed a punch, and not a blow to the head. On the other hand, Guy did manage to take HIMSELF out quite handily by hitting his head on the console after waking up from Bat's little present. And then he did get hit on the head by Lobo later on, which reverted him to his nasty old jerkish self.

Still...

While Guy can manage some decent head-banging action, he's still nowhere near as prolific at it as Hal. Which probably rankles, considering how competitive they both are. I can't really think of any occasions where John makes a complete and utter fool of himself either. John is a bit more dignified than either Hal OR Guy, so getting bashed in the head just doesn't seem to happen to him much.

Kyle certainly has his moments, but again, his various indignities don't seem to involve being whacked in the cranium. He does seem to get his clothes torn off a lot, and be tortured however. Kyle however marches to the beat of his own drummer. I just wish that Guy got HIS clothes ripped off half as often.

*sigh*

Hal Pictures

Oh Hal. Nobody does it better.

4 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

For those of you marking your scorecards, that was:

*THWACK!*

*THUNK!*

*THOK!*

*TUNK!*


Winners will be announced later this week.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Nothing quite beats the time Kyle wacked Hal/Parallax over the head with a pipe, though. :-)

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honest to God, you'd think the Guardians would issue helmets along with those rings...

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I really do like "Thwack" the best. It has a nice meaty ring to it.

The time that Kyle hit Hal with the lead pipe IS a classic. Once again, it's Hal getting beaned, and with SUCH verve. Kyle put everything he had into it.

Mask, schmasks, a helmet would actually do some good. Hal still wouldn't wear one though. Otherwise how could the ladies see his beautiful hair?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home