Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Guilty Pleasure Meme

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Guilty Pleasure Meme

Kalinara has issued a new challenge...what is YOUR guilty pleasure? C'mon, everybody has one. Or even two. I must admit how grateful I am to Kali for giving me a topic today, because the well of inspiration had run dry. Apparently it is just too hot to think.

But not too hot to indulge in my guilty pleasure. I blush to actually have to come out and admit this...but I LOVE watching Judge Judy on television. There. I've come out and said it. Heck, I even admit to watching "the People's Court". It's just so CHEESY! Some of these people aren't quite in the Jerry Springer category of whacked-out-edness, but occasionally they come close.

Apparently there are an AWFUL lot of really dumb people out there. These women who meet a guy in a bar, and have him move in the next day, and hand him their credit card rank amongst the stupidest. Then the guy always whines and claims that it wasn't a loan...it was a GIFT! Then there are the hostile roommates, the belligerent brides, who's wedding was RUINED because the hem of their wedding gown wasn't perfectly even all the way around. Don't laugh, that was an actual lawsuit! The guys that "borrow" someone's car without asking, and then wreck it, but they don't actually have a license or insurance, and it wasn't their fault, because if they didn't want their car "borrowed" they shouldn't have left the keys out...or something.

I watch this stuff, and cheer when Judge Judy calls them names and humiliates them in public. I guess I'm just wallowing in shadenfreude or something, but it does make me feel better about my own life. I may have my problems, but I'm not as screwed up as some of THESE people.

And there is the pure joy of watching a real jerk get his or her comeuppance. I just love seeing a good comeuppance, don't you?

Oh, my other guilty pleasure is gravy. Oh, and seeing Hal get hit in the head.

What's yours?

Hal Pictures

5 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I really don't have any guilty pleasures. I decided long ago to not feel guilty about what I enjoy reading or viewing. I either like something or I don't and if anyone doesn't understand why I would like *that* I figure it's their issue, not mine. :)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Apparently there are an AWFUL lot of really dumb people out there.

That whole paragraph looks like the beginnings of a Judge Judy Drinking Game.

I'd like to add:

Every time a limo company is sued, take a drink.

Every time a dog does something horrible to a child or other dog, but the owner believes he or she isn't responsible for their own dog's actions, take a drink.

Every time some idiot puts their name on someone else's car or cell phone, take a drink.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure there's enough to get tore up every weekday at 3 p.m.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oooooh, Judge Judy ...! I admit, I like watching her yell at people, too. Must be fun to have a job where you can call people idiots without getting in trouble for it. ;-) My guilty pleasure is watching Dr. Phil -- for pretty much the same reason you watch Judge Judy, Sally. ;-) Food-wise, it's Starbucks frappucinos. I really, really shouldn't like the nasty, stupid things, but I do.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Who wants to be a Super-Hero.

My God, I really shouldn't like that show as much as I do.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

There is a certain fascinating horror to it all isn't there? Sort of like slowing down to stare at a car wreck. You swear you aren't going to do it, but danged if you don't sneak a peek too.

One of my favorites was when she told some guy he should stop breeding. Zing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home