Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Booster Gold

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Booster Gold

You know something? I've been missing old Booster an awful lot lately. And Ted of course, but that goes without saying. Which is why I am eagerly looking forward to his new adventures as written by Geoff Johns in a couple of weeks.

Booster managed to make it out of "52" more or less intact. Yes, he "died", but that was actually his body from the future, so that he could pull off the masquerade of being Supernova. It has occured to me however, that as a whole, doesn't the rest of the heroes still believe that Booster is dead? Ralph Dibny figured it out, but now he's dead too, and I don't believe he told anyone. To the best of my knowledge, Bats hasn't figured it out, or at least I haven't seen it yet. Which therefore, makes Ralph smarter than Batman.

But we all knew that anyway.

Booster's been through the wringer lately, poor baby. Losing Ted, the whole mess with the Omac's, Fire getting hurt, Dmitri getting killed, Batman being a prick...he's had a hard row to hoe. Then he starts acting all obnoxious in 52, but it is for the greater good...except that nobody knows that.

So...here it is a year later, and no mention has been made of what happened to Supernova, and while you know it, and I know that Booster is still alive, for all that they know, the rest of the world still thinks that he's dead. And there hasn't been a word about it. Ted at least gets a little bit of love, but Booster hasn't even rated a passing mention. And it's not fair.

Booster Gold

Boster...BOOSTER GOLD was the one who came through in the clinch of 52, and basically saved the world. No, he saved the MULTI-VERSE! And nobody knows about it, except Rip Hunter and Daniel Carter. Knowing about Booster's healthy ego, this must be a bit on the annoying side.

I'm terribly glad that Ice is back, but one she's been reunited with Guy and Fire, somebody is going to have to sit down and explain just what happened to the rest of the Justice League...and it isn't going to be easy. I'm rather surprised that Fire hasn't said anything, since it was hinted at a few times that she and Booster had a little fling. On the other hand, I think that Fire has had a little fling with just about everybody. I also don't know if Guy even knows what happened to Booster, since he was on Oa for most of the time during 52. If nobody ever bothered to tell him when Ice died, they SURE as heck aren't going to tell him about Booster. Because if he DID know that Booster was "dead", he'd be upset.

So, I hope that there will be some acknowledgement of Booster's triumphant return with his new book. Or something.

Booster Gold

Because let's just face the facts. Booster Gold is FABULOUS!

6 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Nick said...

So it's

1.) Ralph Dibny
2.) Ted Kord
3.) Mister Terrific

and maybe coming in fourth is Batman.

Man, that had been bugging me for years., lol.

Would you mind if I linked you on my comic blog? I figure I come to this blog everyday anyway, might as well.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Batman is a poopyhead.

Of course, you can link me. You obviously have very good taste.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Ms. P said...

Wait, Mom...you have an uncanny and almost supernatural grasp of the english language...and you call Batman a "poopyhead"? I would've been much more impressed if you had called him a "fecal-cranium". That has pizzazz.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

While "fecal-Cranium" does indeed have a certain...something, it doesn't flow from the tongue quite so readily as "poopyhead".

I stand by my guns.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steel and Nat saw Booster in 52 week 50, during the battle with Black Adam. I assume they told the League that Booster is alive.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ah HAH! Well,that explains that then. Thanks, I had completely forgotten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home