Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Ted.

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Oh Ted.

I've been waiting patiently, so when oh WHEN are they going to bring back Ted Kord? Ice is back, which is marvelous, they just brought back Wally, and even Thor is back. Turns out that Booster wasn't REALLY dead, which is a very good thing, and his book is coming out next month.

So where is Ted Kord?

I MISS Ted dammit. It took me a little while, but I have to admit that I adore Jaime, the new Blue Beetle, and I don't want anything to happen to him, but I see no reason why they can't have both Jaime and Ted in the DC Universe. Just call Jaime "The Scarab" or something. Or "Dentist Boy". Or let him keep the Blue Beetle moniker, and let Ted go back to being a rich inventor, which considering his heart condition, is probably a good idea.

Oracle misses Ted. Black Canary misses Ted. When she finds out what happened, Ice is going to be devastated. Mr. Dideo, do you want to be responsible for bringing tears to the eyes of Tora Olafsdottir? You're just going to make Guy mad by doing that.

I know that I've brought up this topic before, but it is like picking at a scab that just won't heal. Rachelle just wrote a lovely article at Newsarama about the various friendships in comicbookdom, and one of the best, is the relationship between Ted and Booster Gold. Without Ted, Booster has had to do a lot of growing up lately which may be a good thing, but it is still sad.

Besides, Ted would have been the PERFECT choice to jump out of the cake at Dinah's Bachelorette party.

10 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger ticknart said...

Isn't he on Earth-4 with the other Charlton heroes?

I know that doesn't help, but I don't think he'll be coming back for a while. After all, wasn't Ice dead for more than ten years?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Gah!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Nick said...

*sigh* Let's face it, Didio hates Ted Kord fans.

They still have never resolved what Oracle meant when she said she was going to build something bigger then a statue for Ted. (Personally I think she is building an AI with Ted in mind)

Hmph, I guess for now I'll have to survive on old JLI issues and Ted's short lived miniseries.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I miss Ted, too. Then again, I miss Ralph and Sue, too.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Jon said...

"Mr. Dideo, do you want to be responsible for bringing tears to the eyes of Tora Olafsdottir? You're just going to make Guy mad by doing that."

Ok, that inspired me.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Jon, that is UTTERLY magnificent.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The only problem I have brigning Ted back at this point is that it sort of invalidates the usefulness of the latest Blue Beetle, who's shaping up to be a fine hero himself. I fear that if they brought Ted back, Jaime would be offered up as the sacrificial lamb in the same way that Bart was to pave the way for Wally's return.

I suppose they could always pull the "Ted Grant and his son are BOTH Wildcat!" trick, but I wasn't too keen on it then and I don't imagine I would be if they did that here, either...

-M

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I thought of that too, Matt, but really, Ted doesn't HAVE to be the Blue Beetle...heck he could be like Oracle or something. Or
WORK with Oracle, or just hang out designing cool stuff. And go drink beer with Booster.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Derek said...

I think there's plenty of room in the DCU for two Blue Beetles.

One is a power suit in New Mexico that doesn't know the extent of his powers and lends a helping hand to the Titans (pretty please?).

The other is a laid back, non-powered adventurer who hangs out and provides support for the Birds of Prey. Because Ted's the kind of guy who is just as comfortable (if not more so) hanging out with a group of women than he is with a group of men.

A group of women each of whom could kick his ass any day of the week, I might add, which just speaks all the more to Ted's character.

... man, I really want him back now.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Agree with Sally, jon.

That's fantastic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home