Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Whatever

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Whatever

So...I'm sitting here, and staring at the computer screen because I have just tapped the well of inspiration, and it is dry. It is also raining buckets WITH thunder and lightning, and my Shi Tzu Petunia is afraid of the thunder and trying to climb into my lap. Please excuse the typos.

You know what else I liked about Green Lantern Corps? The way that everyone has a lot of respect for Guy Gardner. The rational Lanterns realize that it is VERY out of character for him to commit murder, but they all seem to realize that he's clever, resourceful and extremely powerful, so they are all handling the situation with kid gloves. There's a reason he's in the honor guard.

It's pretty obvious that Kilowog is seriously demented, and I'm waiting for someone to notice. Guy's his very best buddy, and he's just DYING to go out and execute him arbitrarily. You think that someone would pick up on this. I imagine that they will eventually, but still!

I like that the Lanterns that were rescued from Biot over in Green Lantern have been showing up in GLC. Not a lot of exposure, but enough to let us know that they aren't forgotten.

I like how Pat Gleason always shows the sparks from Guy's ring. Look at the cover. A'int it purty?

I guess I'm going to have to start picking up Nova, from Marvel, which seems to be their answer to Kyle Rayner. I'm SUCH a sucker.

So...what's happening with Ice? I want to see her get together with Guy and Fire! I've been cheated out of a reunion between Arisia and Kilowog and Guy, and I'm feeling smushy. I want to see Fire faint and Guy be twitterpated. TWITTERPATED!

I want the Zamorans to finally realize that beating up a guy is probably not the best way to get sex from him. Although with Hal, one never knows.

I found it completely hilarious that Green Arrow just consisted of practically the entire issue being mind-blowing sex between Ollie and Dinah. Even Hal can't quite top that one. Although I'm sure he'd like to try. Maybe when Cowgirl and Carol come to their senses...!

I can hardly wait until Booster Gold's new book comes out.

I want G'nort! The way that he's SUPPOSED to be, not the gawdawful version that Howard Chaykin came up with, but the loveable, brain-dead, Gardner-leg-humping, idiotic version.

Wow! I guess it's all pretty silly, but I did have some stuff on my mind after all! Who'd a thunk?
And so I'll leave you with some goodies...!

Hal Pictures

Hal Jordan being attacked by his own newspaper.

Hal Pictures

And Hal Jordan falling over some seats. Apparently IN an airplane. Excuse me, Hal, but aren't you a PILOT?

Picking on Hal just never gets old.

7 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

(Changing my Avatar/Icon/Logo/Whatever those wacky kids are calling it these days - don't panic!)

Nice stream O' consciousness post. Wish I could do that - like you explained in your beginning paragraph, I need an idea before I start.

Maybe I should practice the "just go for it" method...

Petunia?!? You're gonna give that dog a complex.

Oh, wait... Shi Tzu? Nevermind.

(hee hee)

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Why are there sparks coming from Guy's ring?

Is that a Thing? A Thing Of Which I am Not Aware? Or just an art choice?

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I am dying for a Fire/ Ice/ Guy reunion. They could make that a one-shot and charge $10 and I'd buy it.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hey, Soup Boy! Are you mocking my widdle fluppy puppy? She LOOKS like a Petunia, ok? She also has very little brain.

Derek, The reason that Guy has sparks coming from his ring was established back in REBIRTH. Hal is musing on the different ways that the various Lanterns use their rings. John's constructs are all designed like an architect would build a building. Kyle is never satisfied as an artist and keeps erasing and refining. Guy's so eager to use his ring, that it just gives off sparks, even when he's standing still...like a leaky hose, was the analogy. I just like the fact that Pat Gleason remembered that description, and keeps using it, because it is such a cool visual thing.

Jon...Oh yes. Oh yes indeed.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice and Guy AND Fire?! Was that ever canon> ;)

I just read Formerly Known As The Justice League, and the scene with Ice in Hell was pretty sobering.

I don't know much about Kyle, but I am enjoying Nova. Worst case post-traumatic stress disorder coupled with alienation from the entire EARTH makes for interesting story telling.

Your review of the latest GLC made me pick it up (that, and paper procrastination). Thanks! I liked the GL gnat.

Blake

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Aha! Another convert!

Guy and Ice were together of course, and after her MOST unfortunate death, he and Fire got together for a time in Warrior, when it was written by Beau Smith.

Great stuff.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger acespot said...

I keep waiting for Jack Chance to show up, and keep being disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home