Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A little love for John Stewart

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A little love for John Stewart

I don't post nearly as often as I should about John for some reason. I like John, and I think that Mosaic was one of the best comics made and should never have been cancelled. I guess that it is just that in comparison to Hal, Guy and Kyle, he's not as flashy. He's probably the smartest, he's definitely the most dependable, and he has all these wonderful personality traits that I enjoy. Quiet competence isn't as compelling I suppose.

However, in the most recent issue of Justice, with Alex Ross, finally, John gets some credit.

John Stewart

Yes, John Stewart gets to do something. Oh nothin' much, just SAVE THE WORLD! Hoohah! Yup, he uses his ring to burn the nannites out of the air, courtesy of Brainiac, which releases the other villains from their mind control, not to mention the good guys as well. Go John!

Later he also manages to save Hal Jordan from going splat all over the sidewalk, which is also a good thing. John, as usual, does things with efficiency, if not neccesarily huge dramatics. I have rather missed John lately, so I hope that he finally gets to start showing up in Green Lantern and such. It is to be hoped that he'll have a big part in the upcoming Sinestro Corps arc in a couple of months.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a huge John Stewart fan. Personally I think he has been woefully under used ever since the end of Mosaic and the events of Emerald Twilight. I'm hoping that he will be given something to do soon. Personally I'd like to see GL move to a more shared book with John getting his own storylines rather than just being Hal's "partner".

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh John is delightful. Underused, but delightful. Now that he's not undercover anymore, I am hoping that Geoff Johns will make more use of him in Green Lantern. Of course with the upcoming Sinestro Corps stuff, they are ALL going to be showing up.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger rachelle said...

It was John Stewart's finest hour.

I'm surprised DC doesn't do more with the character, since the animated series made him so popular.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

One would certainly think so.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Siskoid said...

Totally agree about Mosaic. It made John my favorite Lantern, period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home