Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Challenge, Sirrah!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Challenge, Sirrah!

Over at his blog, "Reporting on Marvels and Legends" at http://calvinpitt.blogspot.com/ Calvin has come up with an interesting challenge. Take a cover and rewrite the solicitation to it. This seems to be a worthy idea, and one furthermore, that I can actually do, since my brain is still so doped up on cold medicine that I can hardly walk.

Therefore, for the upcoming Green Lantern Corps:

Guy and Kyle

SOLICITATION: Join Guy and Kyle, as their search for Mongul takes an unexpected turn, and they are attacked by a new villain from Earth. See the dastardly antics of the CHEF as he smothers them with Spaghetti-o's

Yeah, that's pretty lame. Can you do better?

8 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

As a tribute to your illness i beleive the cption should say: Yellow Fever!!!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I had a hunch when I saw the cover it was going to be food-related, but I was thinking Fruit Loops, or maybe Cheerios. Perhaps the villain could have control over all such shaped foodstuffs? Could Guy and Kyle resist a barrage of mini-donuts?!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually like the idea of my two favorite Lanterns battling Chef Boyardee to save the Earth. I smell a post-Blackest Night Saga...

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Guy and Kyle trapped in Hal Jordan's worst nightmare... being buried alive by Wedding Rings!!!

I totally love the idea of them being trapped by spaghetti-o's. Guy would probably try to eat his way out, while Kyle would just worry about the carbs.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

It's like Scrooge McDuck's jewelery box exploded!

(Darn those Beagle Brothers!)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I really do love this cover for some reason.

I also have a strange craving for canned pasta all of a sudden.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

ahah the one of Patrick C, I find it excellent !

mine :
Sinestro corps rings coming to Guy and Kyle because of their secret fear : that people think they have contracted a gay mariage.

Makes me think, is there gay lantern or some sexually strange lantern? Hell with all these biologies could be a way to explore... could be other system thant classical male/female.

n.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Yep, it's Patrick C. for the win!

(Hope you're feeling better soon, Sal...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home