Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Pretty Decent Week

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Pretty Decent Week

Not the BEST week ever, but tolerable certainly. I finally got my greedy little hands on Wonder Woman #17, and it was fantastic! It's so nice to have a Diana who is...awe-inspiring, as opposed to not knowing how to pump gas.

The Brave & the Bold was fun. Boy those snotty little Teen Titans need to learn some manners! Yes, Garth is a freak, but it still isn't nice to point that out. I just LOVED Wonder Woman's earrings. I loved Green Arrow's reply when she asked why Speedy couldn't come too. Hee hee.

Birds of Prey was...ok. I liked the Huntress/Zinda storyline very much, but was left a little cold by the Misfit/Black Alice plot. Plus, Babs has been a little on the dull side lately. But gosharootie, Zinda rocks. I'd STILL love to have Fire and Ice on this team somehow.

Does anyone miss Barda? I miss Barda.

Speaking of which, in Death of the New Gods, Orion certainly went out with a bang. And Scott seems to be a bit deranged. I actually thought that Countdown had more oomph to it this week. Man, Granny really got hers! And the Gods are free again! And Mary's back in the white outfit, which I love! Jason is still a tool! I wonder...I really really wonder if Batman will ever come to realize that all of this is the direct result of his shenanigans? Stupid Batman!

Checkmate was good, and the Flash was fun. Is it childish of me to want Jai and Iris to actually GET Superman's cape? Haw!

Justice League is starting to annoy me. Why are there two stories? On the other hand, it was fun to watch Waller play Wonder Woman and Superman so perfectly. Batman for a change is smart enough to figure things out. And they DIDN'T have the Suicide Squad be up to taking out the Justice League, which quite frankly, would have been ludicrous. Nevertheless, I'm wondering what the heck is going on with Vixen. Red Tornado on the other hand, bores me to tears. I don't CARE if he gets his body back. Yes, I AM a mean person.

I DID pick up the third Trade of Manhunter however, and it is GREAT! That's some good good writin' there. AND art. I really do hope that they decide to bring this book back.

4 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

i thought jla this week was quite an improvement from last issue. also it was pretty cool seeing vizen take down the suicide squad leaching off all their powers. red tornado has really been stale as in the computer. i get it he's a robot that loves a chick can we see something new about his character. i wouldn't really be all that mad if his wife and child were killed and he bugged out and became evil.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Yeah, JLA has not been doing it for me. It's just a crossover of the month book, touching on whatever big is going on in the DCU. Frankly, I'm not feeling this team. There's no real chemistry. I could really care less about Black Ligthning, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Vixen, and even "Red Arrow." I like Roy just fine, but I don't see him on the league.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

All in all, a good week, and I've still got one or two to read yet.

I mostly agree with you, except I'm intrigued by Black Alice vs Misfit. I do agree that Babs has been off her game a bit.

As for JLA, the book was fun when Meltzer was writing it, but more, it had a sense of awe. Not only is the awe factor gone, it's been obliterated, taking most of the fun with it.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

JLA puzzles me. I think that McDuffie is an excellent writer, so I just don't understand why it has all been so...flat. Or why he is relegated to doing a secondary story in what I consider to be his own book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home