Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I'm REALLY Glad that it's Wednesday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm REALLY Glad that it's Wednesday

Well, yesturday was certainly a heck of a day. I managed to cook some fried chicken in the microwave without thinking anything about it, but some of the grease spilled and although it didn't actually ignite, it was hot enough to make a whole lot of smoke in the pantry and the kitchen. This was rather startling, as you could imagine, so I made my son grab the dogs and go outside, while I called the Fire Department.

Since I live in a very small town, they responded very quickly, and with EVERY FIRETRUCK that we own! I was quite apologetic when it turned out to be basically nothing, but they got to use all their really cool equipment, like these camera things that point out heat sources, and we got the furnace checked, which was good, since it is gas, and opened all the windows, and now everthing smells a little funny. We also got to block the road, and redirect traffic and give a hell of a good show to all of our neighbors. In the end, a good time was had by all, and I did manage to clean the inside of the microwave, which is probably a good thing.

So...I'm hoping to go and get my books and pray for a slightly calmer day today. To my credit, I didn't scream and run upstairs and try to save all of my comic books. However, the thought DID cross my mind, which is probably pretty sad.

But it looks like a pretty good week. There is Birds of Prey, the Brave & the Bold, Checkmate, Countdown, Death of the New Gods, Flash,, JLA and Zorro. Oh, and I have to pick up Wonder Woman, which I somehow missed from last week.

5 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger googum said...

Glad the fire, well, wasn't! Gah, I can't imagine having that here: I can barely keep the little dog off the UPS guy, for pete's sake.

And hey: next Tuesday, New Frontier on DVD, with a pack-in DC Direct GL figure at Best Buy! The toy is the selling point for me, since I didn't have that one yet...

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Well it is not so sad, you thought of telling your son to go out with the dogs before thinking of the comics. ^^

Glad nothing very bad happened.

Microwave fried chicken is evil !!

n.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thanks guys. It turned out to be no big deal...but I didn't know at the time that it was the microwave, and had visions of the furnace exploding or something.

I wondered when the New Frontier DVD was supposed to come out! Woohoo!

And yes, Nico, I'm feeling a little off of chicken for the time being.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

And THAT is why folks in Oklahoma always grill. If something catches fire, it's the OUTSIDE of the house

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

You're making ribs again, aren't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home