Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Shadow of the Bat

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, July 08, 2016

Shadow of the Bat

A dark and malevolent force... circling... ever circling.

Sounds scary, right? Well last night, my son opens my bedroom door to inform me that while he was downstairs in the study watching television, a bat somehow got into the room, and was... freaking him out. As the resident bat expert, I donned my glasses and slippers and sallied forth bearing my trusty broom.

Now the trick is to close off the other rooms, and as the bat...a fairly small flying rodent, that nevertheless looks like a goddam CONDOR, while it is flitting around the ceiling... to give it a good whack with the broom, so that you can stun it.  it took  few swings, but my heart is more or less pure, and my strength is that of ten cranky sleepy ladies! I did manage to swat the little bugger, and had the kids look for him after he fell, clamp a bucket over him and slide a piece of cardboard underneath, before taking it outside and releasing his groggy little self back to the ebony skies.

And then I was so wound up that I ended up staying up till 2:30 in the morning reading... yes...Batman books. How Bruce does all that stuff without tripping over his cape, I shall never know.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I read the title and thought of Batman. This gave me the image of you hitting Bruce until he reluctantly left trying to keep some of his dignity.

I know Batman is supposed to design his capes against certain dangers so maybe that's part of it. There was also a bit about the collars being designed to keep them from being strangled.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Frankly I enjoy the idea of whacking Bruce over the head. He's so... moody.

I do know that the length of the cape depends on the whim of the artists, but I swear that some of them portray it as being twelve feet long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home