Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And Even More New Books!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

And Even More New Books!

I actually went to the comic book store on Wednesday and READ them in a timely fashion.  Not a whole lot of them, but still...!

All-New, All-Different Avengers #11

Did I miss an issue or something?  For some reason they are all fighting Annihilus!  Thor is holding her own, but Vision is wonky because of no solar power, while the kids are all mining...stuff. Plus Nova is really really cranky. 

But not to worry because the big guys know what to do and things happen and explode, and they get back through the rift, except they just happen to leave Spider-Man behind, which is not good.

I do like this book. This is my favorite version of Iron Man at the moment, because he is completely different in most of the other books, and Ms. Marvel is always adorable.  So...Good!

Ms Marvel #8

I missed this last week,because I thought it was just one of the million or so Civil War II books on the stands, but it is an actual Ms Marvel book.  And now I have some faint inkling of what Civil War II is all about! Some kid named Ulysses can see crimes happening BEFORE they happen, so the "good" guys can foil their nefarious plans before all the loss of life and property damage. Which in theory sounds really good!  Certainly Amala is convinced by none other than Captain Marvel, and given her own bunch of overly enthusiastic sidekicks.  But the morality of punishing people before they have actually comitted a crime is beginning to gnaw at her, especially when people that she respects, point out the down side to all of this. 

I now know that I will not be on Captain Marvel's side in Civil War II!

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #9

Each issue, I think that there is no way that the writer and artist can possibly out-do themselves...and each month I am wrong.  Doreen has been going through quite the wringer trying to get a date, with a bunch of losers. Although that Sentinal has possibilities.  But now Mole Man has surfaced, and they talk and stuff, and she agrees that it is horribly impolite to just be dumping toxic waste and dead bodies underground all the time.  Natually, Mole Man is charmed.  Nay, enamoured.  And the old-timey etchings are simply a delight. 

This is...a thing of true beauty.  And hilarity.

Archie #9

Archie and Mr. Lodge have come to a consensus.  No more hanging out at Veronica's house. The installation of the wall, concertina wire, guard tower and attach shark are pretty convincing.  So Veronica goes to hang out at Archie's house, and...brings along a few comforts.Also Archie and Betty have a talk. 

I still can't believe that I am reading an Archie comic book, much less enjoying the heck out of it, but there we are. 

A pretty darned good week!

23 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Much as it pains me to say it, because I love Captain Marvel, I'm not Team Captain Marvel in this Civil War, either.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am with you there. Up until now, I had no opinion, because I had been avoiding the whole thing as much as possible. But yes, punishing people for things they haven't done... that NEVER works. And I am also not really buying into the whole Inhumans modus operandi either. What possibly gives them the right to just release those ALien Terrified mists on an unsuspecting populace anyway?

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm avoiding Civil War II as much as possible. And other than what I see in Marvel Agents of SHIELD on TV, I know very little about the Inhumans and from what I've read in the few comics that mention them or have them appear, I'm not impressed.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

They do seem to be awfully... high-handed.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

But, if we aren't team Captain Marvel, we're team Iron Man, and I'm not sure I'm ready for a world where that's the case.

I guess we could do like Dr. Strange in the first Civil War and go to the North Pole and stick our fingers in our ears.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am a little shocked myself! On the other hand at least they haven't turned Tony into the fascist nutjob that he was in the first Civil War series. Man, I was so enraged , I didn't read Marvel books for years!

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Jamey said...

Is Green Lantern a part of the original justice league

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Mikey said...

Green Lantern once fought batman is that correct ?

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Luis said...

Yes they did fight and it was epic

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Kate said...

Did amazo ever fight lantern

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Will said...

Yes amazo fought green lantern

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Dave said...

So Green Lantern Beat Amazo?

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Felix said...

Aamazo is an robot yes?

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Kevin said...

Wow so amaze is a robot

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Henry said...

How was amaze defeated

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Monica said...

He was killed by batman

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous henry said...

Ok what happens next

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Lenny said...

He was killed by batman wow

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous kenneth said...

Wow I did not know that

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Heater Repair said...

Wow i did not know that. Batmaaaan

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Chatsworth said...

Green Lantern won didnt he?

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Westlake Village said...

Aww, Green Lanternnnn.... Noo... :)

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Heater Repair Thousand Oaks said...

Green Lantern :(((

 

Post a Comment

<< Home