Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Reviews

I am trying to squeeze in the time for reviews of Wednesday's comics, as I am simultaneously making fudge, cherry-chip bread, wrapping presents and setting the table. Not a bad week, although not quite up to the heights of last week.

Batman '66 meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E #

This is just great. Of course it is! We have the Dynamic  Duo battling the Penguin, and then a breakout of practically all of Gotham's baddies from jail. In the meantime, Napoleon and Ilya battle Thrush and Olga, Queen of the Cossacks.

A mini series, so there is a lot more fun in store.


Robin, Son of Batman #7

I think this is my least favorite issue so far, but mainly because it is a Robin War tie-in, and I haven't been reading that, nor do I care to. It has the Court of Owls and a lot of Robins running around, which is okay I guess. Not as much Gleason art either.

Okay, but only okay.


Sinestro #18

Well, the Paling has come to earth, and Wonder Woman teams up with the Fear Corps, but they do seem to be having their collective heads handed to them.  Harley and the S caeecrowbshow up, as does Superman, but it all seems just a wee bit... for ex. Or I am getting jaded perhaps, but I am not really feeling all that invested in the current story line

.



Again, it's okay, but it could be better.


Angela: Queen of Hel #3

Angela has traveled to Hel to free Sera and the other angels, who have been slaves under Freya's curse. So, she wants to take over and has to fulfill some trials, aided by Sera and none other than Leah, who still seems to have some grudges to work out. Meanwhile, Tyr and Balder oppose her, although she is their sister.

Oh, those wacky Aesir!

Pretty good actually. And it is very nice not to have Angela NOT running around in that stupid bikini.


Daredevil #2

Charles Soule is doing his usual masterful job. Matt is back as a prosecutor and with the secret identity again. Not as lighthearted as previously,  but a darned good villain, and a darned compelling plot.

Very good indeed.



Hellcat #1

I have been really looking forward to the debut of this book, and I am certainly not disappointed. The plot is fun, the art is just adorable, and they keep all of Patsy's past history.  ALL of it! She's laid off by Jennifer who isn't making enough at her new law practice to be able to afford her. She runs across a young man who swipes some cash from an armored car, using his new Inhuman powers, but he's not really all that much of a bad ivy, and she convinces him to return the money, and then she becomes his new room mate, runs across an old friend from High School, and finds out that her old frenemy Hedy is making a fortune off Patsy's name.

Whew! And that's just the first issue!  I am definitely hooked.


Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2

I just can't stay mad at that big red dinosaur's sad face. Who even knew that a dinosaur HAD a sad face?

Cute as can be.


Saga #32

In this issue we go back to the thrilling adventures of Marko ands Alana as they continue their quest to find Hazel. They rob places, make up, have great sex and find out that Klara and Hazel are still alive, and as usual, it is just a joy to read.

So... not a bad week really

And every one have a lovely Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa,Saturnalia, or Festivus. I think that covers just about everything.

7 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'll be getting my comics today.

Happy Holidays!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'm looking forward to getting that Hellcat comic sometime next week, along with my other books. I'm going to be curious how that Batman/Man from UNCLE mini-series plays out. It sounds like something my dad might like.

If you're making all those baked goods, you get first dibs on them, too, right?

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Calvin, the baked goods always seem to disappear a whole lot faster than it took to make them.

The Batman/Man from Uncle book is a loot fun... as is Hellcat.

Shelly... enjoy the heck out of your books. And Happy Holidays!!!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I'm not going to spoil myself by reading the Robin: Son of Batman review but most of the Robin War event has been pretty bad. Both in terms of story and how out of character everyone is. So far nothing except tie ins apparently make sense. All I was told about RSOB is that it manages to be crazy so I'll find out how when I get my copy.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I don't really see the point of the whole "Robin" war idea in the first place. To begin with there are a carload of REAL Robins!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I don't either and if their not Batmans' kids I have trouble calling them Robins.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Faux-bins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home