Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Zounds!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Zounds!

I just found out that Tom Hiddleston aka Loki from Marvel's Thor and Avenger movies, was in a BBC series of Shakespeare's Richard II, Henry IV and Henry V!  He plays Prince Hal of course.

I...I LOVE Henry V! It's one of my favorite Shakespearean plays!  The St. Crispin's day speech sends chills up my spine, it does!  I say this even though as an English History major in college, my allegiances were firmly with the Yorkists rather than the Lancastrians.

Has anyone seen this? I believe it's called the Hollow Crown.

I may swoon.

5 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have! It's an interesting take on the character. Hiddleston doesn't really have the big stentorian Shakespeare voice to deliver Henry V's rousing speeches, so he plays them as quiet exhortations that the King himself isn't really convinced by. He does bring out Hal's Machiavellian side very well, of course.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am going to have to figure out how to find this! Although I do admit to being a huge John of Bedford fan.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Mista Whiskas said...

Sally, speaking of things you might like, IDW seems to be putting out, of all things, a Green Lantern-Star Trek crossover comic. I came across it at a bookstore of all places. It's the the Abrams Star Trek crew and Hal (and in his traditional image, no hippie hair and trench coat version here!).

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Prince Hal and Poins have a furo scene. Wearing towels. You have been warned, so that you may prepare a fan and a cold drink for yourself. ;-)

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Mista, I saw that! I may even get it.

Arynne, I did manage...somehow...to stumble upon a few pictures of that particular scene. Be still my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home