Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Black Lantern Hal?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Black Lantern Hal?

I suppose that it was inevitable, that Hal would become a Black Lantern.  And not just ANY Black Lantern, but the GREATEST of the Black Lanterns.  He's been just about everything else, after all, with the exception of  a Star Sapphire ring, because Hal just doesn't do pink. 

Actually, I do believe that he WAS a Black Lantern for about a minute or two while fighting the Spectre back during the whole Nekron kerfuffle.  And I have to admit, that it was a thrill to see Hal and Sinestro...somewhere in that little scene in Green Lantern an issue or so ago. 

Simon Baz as the new Green Lantern leaves me rather cold, at least at the moment.  Presumably he'll start doing something interesting soon, possibly with the Justice League, which is coming out tomorrow.  But I was really really enjoying the Hal and Sinestro show, and would greatly appreciate seeing MORE of it. 

I am getting a bit tired of the Evil Guardians however.  This has been building up for so long now, and they just keep getting more and more nasty, and apparently all of the Green Lanterns are completely clueless, despite all of the completely rotten things that the Guardians have been doing.  I guess they have been able to get away with it so far, because they are sneaky little bastards, and because....well because the Green Lanterns just aren't expecting to be betrayed by their revered Mentors.  They are so used to thinking of the Guardians as annoying but still omnipotent GOOD guys, that it is going to be very difficult for them to realize just the depths of their betrayal.   I've been clinging to the idea that they are being influenced by an outside force, perhaps Parallax, perhaps someone or something else, but they've been getting meaner and meaner for so LONG now.  And I would like to see poor Ganthet freed. 

I am thinking that perhaps Kyle is going to be the Hero in all of this, because he seems to be the one who can manifest the various Emotional entities almost at will.  It sounds as though Guy is going to be having a very tough time of it.  I'd like John to do something other than kill more of his friends, and I would dance up and down on the tables if it turned out that Mogo could come back...not to mention all of the OTHER dead Green Lanterns.  As Guy pointed out to John a while ago, there are an awful lot of them lately. 

I also assume that Simon will be having some effect on all of the upcoming War, and he may be the key to the whole thing, mainly because the Guardians don't have a clue that he even exists, thanks to Hal and Sinestro's funky ring.  I would presume that the First Lantern will be doing...things, and maybe even those nice Maltusians who have been in voluntary exile for so many millenia.

Wouldn't it be nice to have wise and benevolent Guardians, and the Green Lantern Corps back to policing the Universe and fighting menaces OTHER than their own bosses for a change? 

5 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Pete said...

I'd like to see Charlie Vicker come out of left field for the victory.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well now, that would be something!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

ONly thing better than Charlie Vicker would be Old Fogey Alan appearing out of the dimensional void and somehow using starheart magic to blast the corps back to sanity.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

I'm definitely tired of Evil Guardians. It's old, and it's played out. I just fail to see why, with all of infinity to create threats for GLs to fight, that so many writers go back to the Guardians being evil, secretive, out of touch, corrupted, blah, blah. GLs can and should disagree with them, and we can and probably should have dissension among the Guardians, but the flat-out evil thing is just irritating.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I bow to no one in my love for the Green Lanterns...but I agree, that this whole "Evil Guardian" thing is beginning to drag a bit. I'm not saying that they have to be warm and cuddly, but I rather liked them when written by Steve Englehart and Gerard Jones, as basically benevolent, if remote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home