Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh...Comics!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 02, 2012

Oh...Comics!

Occasionally, when perusing my favorite blogs and such, I like to take a nostalgic journey through the archives and waste a few minutes. Ok, hours. All right, all afternoon! Yesturday I did this with Scipio's Absorbascon, and laughed myself sick.

But what REALLY startled me, was an idea that he threw out...waaaaaaaay back in 2005. Scipio thought that it would be a good idea if Aquaman got a dog.

Well...here it is 2012. And lo and behold...!

Photobucket

It just goes to show that good ideas do sometimes actually come true! "Salty the Sea Dog" indeed!

Now I'm just hoping that someone at DC will make that Fire and Ice mini-series that I've been panting for.

6 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

I think the dog is a stupid idea. But, I ended up adoring Krypto, so perhaps I shall change my mind.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Lantern Kiaori said...

Such a cute Aqua Dog XD I laugh a lot about it. I just love the new Aquaman series.

Fire and Ice series? like those mini caps in JLI, when Tora almost asphyxiate some guy in a block of ice, or when this creepy guy ends up cleaning her apartment? XDD so funny.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Heh, yes, I noticed that, too, Sally. Making even stranger is that the new 'Aquadog" looks almost EXACTLY like the photo is used to show what Aquaman's dog should look like.

Really, it's just evidence that Goeff Johns has the same kind of commonsense, down to earth view of Aquaman that I (and many of us) have.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Seriously? Scipio, I read that entry about the dog, and it was just so PERFECT! Of course Aquaman needs a dog. Superman loves his doggy. Hal would like to have a dog, but he's too irresponsible. John...maybe.

Saranga, how can you not love Krypto?

Kiaori, it iS a cute dog. And I do miss those lovely little moments from the old JLI Quarterly. We NEED a Fire and Ice Mini. But don't let Winick write it!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

I used to think Krypto was a dumb idea. Then I read some issues with him, watched Krypto-Shelby on Smallville and my awww button went into overdrive. Esp when he's drawn all mean.

Yeah. Krypto is a great idea. :)

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous r duncan said...

That kind of thing is what I love about Scipio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home