Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The End of an Era

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The End of an Era

Damn. I HATE the End of Eras! I'm not sure if they are distributed throughout the rest of the country, but here in New England, we have been enjoying the deliciousness of Grote & Weigel hotdogs, sausages, kielbasa and other meat-based culinary delights for years. And suddenly, the Bloomfield, Connecticut business is going...out of business. No more two-foot hotdogs at Doogies!

I am distraught.

I understand that old family-run businesses are under a lot of strain nowadays, but that doesn't make it any easier. I almost fainted dead away when they closed down Shiek's in Torrington last year, or the Dairy Bar, or any of the myriad small restaurants, hotdog stands, ice cream parlors, and pizza joints that enjoyed my custom. It's purely selfish on my part of course...but one just ASSUMES that these kinds of places that you went to since childhood (or your parent's childhood) would always always be there.

Damn.

Now I need a hot dog.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Lovely Wife & I plan on having 'Bozos' for dinner tonight. Its a small chain in Joliet that makes the best Chicago dogs.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I...envy you. Enjoy your dogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home