Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Feeling...Pissy

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Feeling...Pissy

It is a beautiful day for Septemb...oops, October. Just went the Comic Book shop and picked up my precious books. Also stopped and got a couple of Subway sammitches, for myself and for my Sweet Babboo. His company is opening a new location, he's going to be running it, but it needs to be painted, and renovated, and new carpet and stuff, so he's been putting in a lot of time working on it, and I thought I would bring him lunch, and eat with him, as well as peruse the new books.

One of his "helpers" wandered in, and saw me raptly reading Action Comics (which was fantastic) and he promptly plopped down next to me, and began a long and incredibly boring tale of all the comics that he used to collect, but his mother threw them out, and what are they worth nowadays anyway, and isn't it just so cute that I'm a girl and reading about Superman!

Arrrgghhhh!

I...just wanted to visit my honey, eat my lunch and get a jump on reading my books. At home, the family KNOWS not to bother Mommy while she's Reading Her New Books. It just is not done. And I had to contend with this oaf, who really couldn't care less about comics...but wanted to discuss them anyway. Ordinarily I would be delighted to discuss comics, but he doesn't know the names of any of them, except Superman and Batman obviously, nor any storylines and all he was interested in, was how much he could sell his remaining worthless books for, 'cuz people git rich n' stuff! He had some old horror stuff, and thought that Vampirella was just fabulous. And she very well may be, for all that I know...but it was pretty obvious that it wasn't her story that he was interested in.

Fortunately, my phone rang, and I seized upon it as an excuse to make my hasty retreat. Now...to actually sit down and READ my books! I suggest that you all find a quiet and calm place to do the same.

5 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

It's the same with me. I do not want anyone to interrupt me when I'm reading. I stopped reading them on my break at work because my co-workers either don't care that I don't want to talk (I have headphones on for a reason people) or are so loud I can't focus.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It IS annoying, isn't it? Normally, I can read a book, watch television and embroider, as well as carry on a reasonably coherent conversation, but NOT when I'm reading my comics...dammit!

If this guy had wanted to discuss the books that I was reading, I wouldn't have minded so much...but all he really wanted to talk about was HIS stuff.

Blah!

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Marina said...

This video sums this particular situation quite nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRuwR2JSXI
(Bonus Bagpipe!)
For you review, I see it was worth the annoyance.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

"the family KNOWS not to bother Mommy while she's Reading Her New Books. It just is not done."

Will you be my mommy? Everyone should have a money like you.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's ok, Scipio. Consider yourself adopted.

I introduced my kids to comics at a ridiculously young age...and fortunately, it took. Gotta get that next generation hooked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home