Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Ok, This IS Green

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ok, This IS Green

There were some calls of foul play, when I put up a picture of J'onn J'onnz, Martian Manhunter in all of his greenish glory...except that the picture by Chris Samnee was actually in black and white.

You would think that I would have noticed that. You would be wrong of course, it is uncanny how completely oblivious I can be sometimes.

But today...!

fire

Why it's none other than Fire, and yes, she IS green. In fact I am sensing a theme here. There do seem to be a lot of comic book people either with Green in their name, or green skin, or green costumes, or...or something. Anyway, this is a beautiful picture of Bea, and I blush to confess that I don't know WHERE I scanned it, or I would give the proper credit. But still...very nice. Very nice indeed.

9 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

All is forgiven ;)

There are actually very few superheroes with green in their names--you can ask Sea_of_Green about it.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, Fire used to be called Green Flame, which does NOT flow trippingly from one's tongue. I like Fire a whole lot better.

Let's see, Green Lanterns of course, Green Arrow, Green Lama (Thank You Sea of Green!) J'onn IS green, as is the Hulk, and She-Hulk, and Miss Martian, and Poison Ivy, and Vril Dox, and Braniac, and Jade, and Green Goblin, and the Impossible Man, and I'm sure that there are more that I can't come up with right now.

Green Rulz!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Well it's canon that Rips' favorite color is green. I have to wonder if that's because of all his dads' green friends. Guy, Bea, J'onn, Brainy 5 and maybe others we haven't met yet.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Green is Rip's favorite color? I didn't know that!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Booster's favorite color is shiny!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Yep, ironically it's in issue 2 where Booster has to save Guy. When Rip can't give Booster the answers he wants BG says he knows he can't tell him things like this, that and what his favor color is. Rip says if it makes him feel better it's green. Skeets admits he's fond of it too and asks what shade he prefers.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Bob Buethe said...

And before she was Green Flame, she was Green Fury. She changed her name when Infinity Inc. debuted, to avoid confusion with the higher-profile Fury.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

I didn't object so much to the lack of color in the J'onn image as to the fact that we couldn't see his butt. I expect to see a green butt in every post on this blog.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oddly enough, I happen to have a VERY nice picture of J'onn's behind! I'll have to try and find it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home