Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Where is...?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 08, 2011

Where is...?

In all of the excitement over the new relauch DC is presenting next month, there have been any number of characters that are inexplicably...missing in action. It is quite possible that some of these people may be dead, and I just don't know about it. I can't read EVERYTHING after all.

But...what on earth has happened to Snapper Carr? I don't really know WHY I am asking this question, because I consider Snapper Carr to be one of the most useless and annoying characters out there...but still...I can't help but wonder. The last time I saw him, he was getting slapped by Batman. A very very satisfying moment, to be sure. And I THINK that he was supposed to be the one taking the picture of one of the more recent incarnations of the Justice League. Since they seem to have a new incarnation of the Justice League about once every month, I may have missed something.

Is Snapper being put on the shelf along with Wally, Connor Hawke, Mia, the entire Justice Society and Power Girl? Inquiring minds want to know!

And speaking of annoying characters...where on earth is G'Nort? Personally I like G'Nort. Yes, he's a bit hard to deal with, and the poodle bombs that he leaves at Warriors probably drove Guy up a tree...but darn it, he's a Green Lantern, and he should be around. Unless the Guardians banished him for being too powerful or something. I wouldn't put it past them.

Do YOU have any characters that you are wondering about?

13 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Gary said...

It's the JSA and Power Girl for me, although we've heard Karen Starr will be appearing in Mr Terrific so that's something.

And now that Secret Six has finished, I wonder if Catman will turn up anywhere?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm glad that Peej will be showing up somewhere at least. As for Catman...gosh, I sure hope he survived. I noticed that they left it a bit...ambiguous at the end, plus I really can't see all those heroes just flat out killing them.

That's pretty UN-heroic.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Moriarty said...

I've grown to really like Steph as Batgirl. I also haven't seen her slated to pop up as Spoiler (unless I missed something).

Definitely going to miss Oracle. I like Babs (and liked *her* as Batgirl), but she did infinitely more as a character in her role as Oracle.

But most importantly...what about Power Girl's cat? I love that mangy little trouble maker.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Moriarty, you raise an excellent point. That cat has is a better character than a LOT of ones that are being given their own books!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Moriarty, I've read Steph will be in the 12-part mini-series Morrison's doing to wrap up Batman Inc. next year. She'll be back as Spoiler.

I'm wondering about Cass Cain, in a "be careful what you wish for" way. I'm worried the answer is "she's dead!" Or "she's crazy!" Or "She's evil!" Or "She's a crazy, undead thing!"

If the JSA is out the window, what about the Freedom Fighters? I really only care about The Ray, but he seems tied to them, so. . .

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Duncan MacDonald said...

Donna Troy is my big one, but then again there are so many missing great Titans like Miss Martian, Raven, Beast Boy, Speedy, Ravager, etc. not to mention great dead Titans that could now be revived: Damage, Tempest, heck Lilith! And then there's everything attached to the JSA, which makes me long for Obsidian (not so much Jade) to have a place. Catman I concur with as well as Scandal Savage. Birds of Prey allum like Manhunter, Zinda, Misfit and even seldom seen Gypsy. My biggest fear are D List heroes like Tasmanian Devil, Starman, Proxy/Wendy, Elongated Man/Ralph and Sue, Bluejay, etc. will never be seen again. And there's the children: Lian, Wally's kids, Sin, Thunder & Lightning, etc. Please tell me Damian is not the only spawn to have survived. But back to Donna...does this mean Terry Long never existed? I can live with that.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

They do seem to have jettisoned a LOT of kids. Lian of course, I'm assuming that Sin won't be around, and Wally and Linda's kids. If they dump Milagro Reyes...well, there will be hell to pay!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

I'm guessing Deaged Ollie Queen = Erased From Existence Connor Hawke.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Forget that, apparently he just admitted he was teasing.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger notintheface said...

This guy:

http://stars-and-garters.blogspot.com/2011/08/reason774-to-hate-barry-allens.html

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see PG's cat team up with Dex-Starr the Rage Kitty.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That WOULD be fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home