Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Earth II?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Earth II?

Once again real life intersects with Comics. The other night, I was watching a rather interesting show on the Science Channel, or possibly on National Geographic...and it was all about Earth and the Moon. We're the only planet that has such a large moon, and the show had the rather remarkable theory that the moon is one of the things that may have made life possible on our adorable little planet. Oh, and there was an Earth I, until we got hit by another small planet called Orpheus. The two planets combined into one, and the moon got blasted into space. So now we occupy Earth II.

Of course with 52 and the Multiverse, there are probably a whole bunch of other scenarios out there. But still...I thought that it was cool.

So...off to the comic book store, because it's going to be a very very nice week.

12 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

As far as I know, ours is also the only moon in our solar system without a name. Other planets' moons get cool names like Europa, Deimos, and Io, while ours is just "the moon". It needs a name.

Since the prevailing theory is that the moon was once part of the Earth, and it became "dead" when it was separated from the Earth, I would suggest Antaeus as a name.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hey, that's actually a pretty cool name.

I assume that we refer to the moon as "just" the moon, because we thought that that was all there WAS...moon-wise.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

I assume that we refer to the moon as "just" the moon, because we thought that that was all there WAS...moon-wise.

And we've known better how long now?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

While it would be nice to have a snazzy name for the moon, I think it would be a tough sell. Heck, I'm still having fits about Pluto being demoted.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

If sitting in one place too long can give you hemmorhoids, do astronauts get asteroids? And do ice fishermen get polaroids?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

*groan*

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

Sally, you're so fickle. My song title lists so tickled you, and now you groan?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I think it was the polaroids. I can't deal with any more snow problems!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

Well, that's snow problem at all.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

TotalToys, we call the moon "Moon" just like Shrek calls Donkey "Donkey." Now it seems more endearing, no?

There was some science show, with Michio Kaku, I think, that was talking about alternate universes that are vibrating at differenct frequencies than our own. I said outloud to the TV that I knew that already, courtesy of comic books.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

TotalToys, we call the moon "Moon" just like Shrek calls Donkey "Donkey." Now it seems more endearing, no?

No.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Awwww. Throw me a bone, man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home