Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Not On Comics Day!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Not On Comics Day!

Gah! Yet more snow is in the immediate forecast for New England, beginning on Tuesday evening and continuing into Wednesday. Not Wednesday! It's New Comics Day! The most hallowed day of the week! And Emerald Warriors is coming out! I'm busy working myself into a snit, and the snow hasn't even begun to fall yet.

You all KNOW how cranky I get when I can't get my new comics. Especially this week, which after the tiny amount of books that showed up last week, is bound to be decent, if only by comparison. \

Curse You, Weather Wizard!

So, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my youngest son is getting married next summer. He reads comics too, since I raised him right. I've offered to let them use my Hal and Star Sapphire action figures on top of the cake...and although Frank was intrigued by this, Caryn said no.

*sigh*

Is it possible to register at Comic Book Shops?

9 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I'm in the same boat. This Wednesday is when half my comics come out. Since my beloved LCS closed I have to travel further to get to the next Comic Place. I need my fix!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I feel your pain. I've had comic book shops close out from under me, and it is never pleasant. I hope that you find a nice one! We ALL need our fix!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

Hal & Star Sapphire as wedding cake figures? Not the most stable couple in comics, certainly? What about Aquaman and Me--no, that doesn't work either. Reed and S--ehh, no. I know! Hank and--forget I said that. Let me get back to you.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, the snow is coming down here, too -- and the game shop just opened so I can go pick up DCU Online! I think I'll go kick some badguy butts until the snow stops and I can go shovel my driveway. OH BOY, what fun! ;-)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sea, at least you can play your game once you've strained your back and suffered a mild heart attack. Ah snow.

Toyz, it IS a little difficult to find a happily married comicbook couple isn't it? I suppose Superman and Lois, but I don't have an action figure of either. I do have Black Canary and Green Arrow...nah, that wouldn't work either.

Well, phooey.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

I've got it! Spider-Man and Mary--what? They did? When? Aw, nuts.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Nicki said...

I'm getting married this October, and my fiancee asked the same question about comics gift registries. I told him no to registries, but they do offer gift certificates. Although, you can use Amazon's Universal Wish List now to add non-Amazon stuff. If it's on the internet, you can add it.

At my request, my fiancee is going to make our cake topper - Wonder Woman carrying Batman over the threshold.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nicki, that is simply the most amazing that I've heard all day. Congratulations, and I hope your wedding is Wonderful!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Nicki your wedding figures sound fabulous! I'm a big fan of BatWondy.

New comics day is now on a wednesday in the UK! But I find it hard to get tot he shop in my lunch break so am probably still going to have to wiat til saturdays. *sugh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home