Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And Onto Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

And Onto Reviews

Gosh, but months with five weeks can be interesting. We ended up with a second Green Lantern issue this month! You just can't beat that. But the rest of the week wasn't too shabby either.

Flash #8. Barry doesn't even show up in this, except very peripherally. It's mostly about none other than the ineffable Eobard Thawne, and his trials and tribulations in trying to become the 25th century's very own Flash. History is...oddly fluid around young Mr. Thawne. He's also something of a cranky-pants, but dagnabit, I liked this.

Gotham City Sirens #18. And I liked this as well. Talia and Zatanna had teamed up...sort of...in order to "protect" Batman's identity, by doing a little mindwipe of Catwoman. Zatanna was torn about this, but was reluctantly convinced that it was for the greater good. Ivy was crabby, because she found out that Selina actually knows Bat's true identity and felt that it should be revealed, 'cuz Girlzzz Rock, or something of that nature. Harley, bless her little heart, was trying to convince Ivy that Selina was in love with Batman, so she couldn't reveal his identity. I rather like Harley.

Then it turns out that the whole thing is just a plot by Talia, so that Selina will forget all about Batman and their love, and She'll Have Him All To Herself! Bwhahahahaha! Fortunately, tiptoeing through Selina's memories, is what causes Zatanna to figure this all out. Pretty darned good.

Green Arrow #7. This is growing on me. I wasn't too sure about the whole idea at first, but I'm coming around. The art by Mike Mayhew, is very painterly, and rather gorgeous. Strange things are still a'brewing in the mystical Forest, and who is that pretty glowing lady on the cover? Why it's Ollie's dear old Mum. She and his no-good Dad were eaten by lions...right in front of him. Batman's parents were just SHOT! Being eaten by lions is pretty disgusting, all things considered.

Anyway, she basically shows up in order to tell Ollie to cut it out with all of the self-loathing, and being eaten by lions wasn't his fault. It's not like they took a shortcut through a crime-ridden alley or anything. So what the heck, I liked this too.

Green Lantern #61. Oh, the plot is thickening. Thickening nicely.

Jack of Fables #49. I had pretty much lost interest in this offshoot of Fables, but what the heck...I'm a sucker for a cute little blue ox on the cover. Plus, I do believe that is all going to be coming to a head with the next issue anyway, so this wasn't too bad, all things considered. The Page sisters show up, and all of the rest of the bunch from the diner, not to mention the original Jack and Gary. It should be interesting.

Justice Society of America #46. Why am I still getting this? It wasn't quite as horrible as last month, mainly because there is a LOT of Jay running around in it, but it still isn't floating my boat. Obsidian shows up, but he's cranky as usual, and the mayor is being threatened, and there is a bad guy named Doctor Chaos, and Alan is paralyzed which is ridiculous, and a few other things are going on, in the new city that is in ruins...and I Don't Care.

Meh.

But hey, five out of six ain't that bad.

4 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

D'oh...I just stopped getting Gotham City Sirens and how it gets good! I might have to hang on to it. :)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I WAS good! Oh that Talia...always the wacky schemes!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

That's a very good way of looking at Green Arrow. I must be more optimistic when reading it, or, I should read your thoughts first then go read the issue.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Saranga, maybe it's because my expectations for Green Arrow were so low. That last book with he and Black Canary was just so awful...that I'm pleasantly surprised when it DOESN'T suck! I'd like for Ollie to be a little less on the angsty side, but what the heck...it wasn't bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home