Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Another Good Week!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another Good Week!

Great Guardians, but there were some nice books! Not quite the motherlode that was last week...but I'm not complaining.

We begin with Brightest Day of course. After all the bombshells that were dropped last issue, I don't know what I was expecting, but we ended up with still MORE goodies, only this time it is centered on my favorite Martian. He finally meets up with the OTHER green Martian, and her name is D'kay D'razz. Oh, and what a cunning piece of work SHE is!

They throw in some bits with Firestorm and Deathstorm and even a cameo by Deadman and Dove, just to keep them in play, but for the most part, this is all J'onn J'onnz. She's all set to start making more Martians, and he wants nothing to do with her, because she's CRAZY, and it's a battle of wits that will knock your socks off.

Fabulous.

And speaking of sock-knocking...Batman & Robin was spectacular...as usual. I love the interaction between the Joker and Damian. and the erstatz Thomas Wayne shows up and is all set to wreak vast amounts of mayhem...except that he's not who he says he is...and he's not quite as smart as he thinks he is.

Be still my heart.

Catwoman: The Road Home, was another One-shot, but it was a nice one. I'm always happy to see Selina. For not being that much of a Bat-fan, I sure am picking up a lot of Bat Books lately. Vicki Vale is definitely in over her head, and Selina's thought process is rather fun to see. A good book for sure.

Oh Fables. You may be late sometimes, but you never let me down. The showdown between Mister Dark and Frau Totenkinder is drawing ever closer, with a guest appearance by none other than Bigby's dear old dad, the North Wind. And apparently the cat is out of the bag about Bigby and Snow's seventh child. Again, an excellent read.

Green Lantern Corps #53. EGAD!!!!

Justice League of America #50. You know, I actually liked this. Robinson is apparently finding his footing on this book, and brought in the Tangent Universe Green Lantern, not to mention the Good Ol' Crime Syndicate. It's nice to see the Multiverse again, and it's interesting to see how the baddies stack up against an all NEW Justice League. And vice versa of course. This was...fun. Who knew?

DC Universe: Legacies #6. Well, we get past the first Crisis, and stuff. It's always a nice romp through history as seen through the eyes of a policeman and his family who lived through it. And the second story,which has Superboy meeting the Legion was...a hoot. A hoot and a half.

I slithered over to the Marvel side of the aisle, and picked up Loki, #1 out of a four part mini-series, mainly because I've been a Thor/Loki fan from way back. And Loki is always fun too. Not bad. Not bad at all. Not quite as much fun as the new Thor book with Chris Samnee on the art, but still...pretty worthwhile.

Wow. I liked EVERYTHING this week! I should just be drummed out of the Comics Critics Union!

6 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

I thought Ultraman's lampshading about how the CSA's roster keeps changing was a little too precious, though I have to wonder if the sudden snap-back to the original Power Ring and Johnny Quick were meant as commentaries on DC's rejection of the Legacy Characters that Robinson loves so much.

And I do appreciate that his JLA consists largely of exactly those Legacy Characters.

Too bad Idiotorial Decree kept Roy from being one of them.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

The other Martian's name sounds like "Decay"? *is puzzled* Good heavens, Watson, WHAT COULD IT MEAN????!!

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not as thrilled with GLC as you were. I don't like seeing Soranik cast as the girlfriend to be rescued. I'd much rather see her bail Kyle out.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm still stunned at how much I enjoyed the Justice League. It's about time!

Jack, I'm not too sure that Soranik is just going to sit there and wait to be rescued. I am delighted that they are presumably going to team Kyle with Sinestro. I would have liked a bit more of surprise on Kyle's psrt about just whom Soranik's dear old Dad turned out to be, but I guess, he's just focused on getting her back.

This does look as though it's going to be interesting however.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Wait -- there's a UNION?!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

You didn't know? The initiation rites are AWESOME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home