Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Disgruntled

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, October 01, 2010

Disgruntled

Man what a day! Thank goodness it is Friday and I don't have to go into work tomorrow, because I was THIS close to having a...moment. Is it a full moon or something? Something in the water? Because I seemed to only get stupid people today.

I had a guy call at about 10:00 in the morning to ask if we were open. On a weekday, in the morning. I can understand asking our hours, but as far as I know, October lst is not a holiday of any sort.

I had a woman call and ask for our asst. manager, who happened to be at a different store today, so I asked if she wanted that store's number or if someone could help her at our location. She asked for a pencil to jot down the number. She asked ME on the TELEPHONE for a pencil. Then she began shrieking at her kids, and hung up on me. She did eventually call back and ask for the SAME asst. Manager, although at least this time she did manage to get her hands on a writing tool.

It was raining BUCKETS! That was one scary commute this morning.

All I really want to do is come home, have some tea and bury myself in the soft comforting bosom of my comics. On the other hand, that' a rather unfortunate simile. I really SHOULD stop reading bodice rippers.

I...need a hug.

Photobucket

Frankly, I know just how Guy feels.

6 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

sorry to hear your day was so shit. still, 2 days off freedom now, hope you're weekend gets better!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Asking YOU for a pencil? Oh, geez.

Well, as I often like to say at work, "genius has its limits, but stupidity knows no bounds." I think Einstein said that...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Believe me I know about odd calls. I've had someone calling to ask the hours for another store knowing he wasn't talking to them. I had another man call to ask for our number--when he just called.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

The word "bosom" always amuses me for a plethora of reasons.

Oh to be the Atom and to be able to leap through the phone and throttle people.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you all. It was a rather peculiar day. I've also had people call the store and demand to know why i called THEM...when of course i did nothing of the sort.

*sigh*

I always come up with such beautiful replies in my head...but of course, courtesy demands that I not use them.

One man asked if we had tires to fit his car. I finally lost it and asked him to hold his car up to the phone so that I could see. He got a little snippy after that.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Do you read notalwaysright.com? It will help. Customers are idiots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home