Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Throwing My Hat into the Ring

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Throwing My Hat into the Ring

I'm taking a brief break from posting pictures of Green Lanterns today, in order to offer my thoughts about the Friends of Lulu situation. The president, Valerie D'Orazio is stepping down and forming her own group, and it is my imperfect understanding that the office of president is therefore Up For Grabs.

I would like to offer my own nomination.

First off, I AM a woman, which is probably a point in my favor.

Secondly, I was once president of my local Historical Society, so I am familiar with the concept of having a large membership, but only about eight people doing all the work. We actually had one old guy who used to complain about the refreshements, which were all home-baked goodies provided by other members. I wanted to have him killed, but the other members of the board assured me, that that ability was not in the by-laws. I didn't run for re-election,I can tell you that!

Ummm...where was I?

I don't have a clue about how to make a Website function. I would leave that sort of thing up to minions. There WILL be minions...won't there? You people are damned lucky that I can manage to figure out how to log on and off every day. I have teenagers, which is a help, but what happens when the last one moves out?

I want minions. And lots of 'em.

I am also bone idle. Lazy doesn't even begin to describe it. Also, I refuse to be photographed. But if anyone wants to pay me to show up at Conventions, I'll consider it...so long as the airfare is First Class.

I also should probably mention that I DO have an agenda...something that is practically required as far as I understand it. I'm pretty sure that they aren't making Lulu comics anymore, so the name should be changed to "Friends of Green Lanterns". And their behinds. Their firm, rounded beautiful behinds. That's something that EVERY woman can get behind!

So please...vote for ME, and I promise to do a pretty half-assed job!

Thank you and God Bless.

9 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I second the nomination!!

All in favor?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I vote aye! I'm in favor of honesty in campaigning, and by gum, when someone promises to do a half-assed job, THAT is something I can believe in!

"Green Lantern Behinds: A Cause You Can Get Behind!"

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

When it comes to slacking off...I really excel!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

"Supporting Green Lantern Behinds while sitting on mine!"

Works for me! Aye!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

You people are all REALLY good at coming up with great slogans.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Aye, aye! :-D

>>I want minions. And lots of 'em.
I am also bone idle. Lazy doesn't even begin to describe it. Also, I refuse to be photographed. But if anyone wants to pay me to show up at Conventions, I'll consider it...so long as the airfare is First Class.<<

Geez loweez, Sally -- are you sure we aren't brain twins on some level? ;-)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh heh. You have to admit, Sea, that the thought of having minions is awfully appealing. As is basking in the glory of a fancy title.

Actually having to step up and DO the work, is...less appealing however. But if Valerie could fake it, then so can I!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

I fifth the nomination!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Baal said...

So Valerie f's up so badly that they can't even admit it at first because it would make women in general look bad (the gist I got from one of the variations she put out in her defense) so she naturally thinks she needs to ruin another group only this one from scratch? Oy vey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home