Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Romance Comics Week!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Romance Comics Week!

Gosharootie, I simply adore those unbelieveably cheesy old Romance Comics. Firstly, it seems that most of the heroes look just like Hal Jordan. Or Barry. A few even look like Guy. The women all look pretty much the same with the exception of hair color and style. There's a LOT of mooning around, sighing and crying. Man is there a lot of crying.

If I were making Romance comics today, I think I'd use "Bucket O'Tears" as my title.

But anyway here's a lovely cover.

hal

Once again Hal appears, although this time he appears to be a teenaged Hal. But still apparently a heartbreaker. I simply LOVE the cuffs on his rolled up jeans. He's probably headed down to the basement to deal with the busted water heater. His hysterical girlfriend however KNOWS what evil lurks in the basement! Probably Parallax, is lurking up in the pipes.

Can you come up with a more plausible scenario?

3 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

hem. i actually thought he resembled someone else more. but i can't think who...

off topic, have you seen this:
http://mutantsandmasterminds.com/dc_adventures/design-journals/

i'm assuming a 1 rating for intellect is fairly low.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I tried to find the mutants and masterminds, but couldn't locate it, so I'm not sure exactly what it is. But I'm sure it's...interesting.

The hair is a little on the darker side, but it's still brown. I just can't get over the rolled up jeans. I love seeing Hal (or faux Hal) look like a dork.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely love this image!! thx for posting!!! She looks like Lilith from the Titans. the only fashion faux pas of the girl is her striped skirt... what's up with that

- Seafire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home