Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Comics!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Comics!

Ah, Thursday. We've all had a chance to go to the Comic Book Stores on Wednesday, and sit down and read our four-color booty. Well, it used to be that way, they all seem to have digital coloring nowadays. But I'm straying from the point.

Things That Made Me Happy in my Comics This Week:

Ponies and butterflies on Rip's Chalkboard!
"Brigadoom"! Best new name for a villain in quite some time.
A Sacajawea sighting! That's not something that just happens every day!
A Jaime sighting as well.
How Amadeus handles himself while fighting Thor. A whole lot better than I expected, I can tell you that!
My God. Ragdoll is actually...tall! Who knew?
Flying Old Men.

I also finally managed to get my grubby mitts on the hardback Jonah Hex: No Way Back tome, and it is...well it's fabulous. Tony DeZuniga KNOWS how to make everything gritty and dusty and bloody and violent. It's a bit more stylized than his older stuff, but no less beautiful. And as bad as Jonah can be, his Pa was SO much worse! If you can find this, it is so completely and totally worth it.

6 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

Alas, Jack Kirby used "Brigadoom" in jis way-out run on Jimmy Olsen.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

i got no comics this week.. nothing on my pull list came out and there was nothing else I wanted.

i didn't quite know what to do with myself at lunch today.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

But did Jack Kirby's have a giant red mustache?

Oh Saranga, I'm SO sorry!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I feel for ya, Saranga -- I didn't get any comics this week, either. :-(

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

NONE???

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

All I got was Batman 700! I can't remember the last time I only bought *one* comic book on a wednesday!

That said, I thought Batman 700 was excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home