Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: My Entitlement is Overflowing

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Entitlement is Overflowing

Yes, it's all about me. As I explained in my posts about loving AND hating comics so much, I can forgive quite a bit in the pursuit of my weekly fix. As much as bad and lazy writing and miserable artwork can infuriate me, I am addicted...and will go to ridiculous lengths to feed that addiction. I also tend to follow my favorite characters, which is why I bought that Gawdawful Howard Chaykin two-parter because it was about Guy Gardner. Heck, if Rob Liefeld wrote and drew a six-part mini-series about the Green Lanterns, I'd buy it. I'd undoubtedly hate it...but I'd buy it.

But nevertheless, I was thinking about some of the things that I would REALLY like to see in my comics.

I'd LOVE to see a Fire and Ice mini-series. They are two of my favorite characters, and they just don't get enough attention. Fortunately, they are going to be in the upcoming Justice League revival, but still. And I would love to have a story written from Tora's viewpoint. I don't think that I've EVER read a story that was presented from her point of view, and I want to. Same thing with Beatriz.

I would love to have Bruce Wayne and Guy Gardner compare childhoods. Yes, Bruce's parents ARE DEAD! But he also had the advantage of being a much beloved and pampered only child, he had Alfred devoted to him, and he had bucketloads of money to help indulge his every whim. I'd love to see Guy tell him how spoiled he was, and to grow up already. Haw!

I want Ted Kord back. He doesn't even have to be Blue Beetle, because Jaime is doing that quite well. But it would be awfully nice for him to be able to hang out with Oracle and to build things for the Birds of Prey, or the Justice League or the Justice Society, and to keep poor Booster company.

For that matter I want Max Lord back. NOT crazy. The REAL Max. It would be awfully easy to do really. Just have him wander in from Kooey Kooey Kooey, or explain that the bad Max was really a robot or something. Superboy punched reality. Final Crisis did it. I don't CARE, I just want Max.

Figure out a way to revive the Dibny's while we are at it. Hell, ALL the dead Leaguers. You can't tell stories about dead people...at least not easily.

A Shade mini-series would be nice. It would give Robinson something to do, and he's awfully good with Opal and the Shade.

Another mini-series with the Rogues would also be nice. I like the Rogues. I like a good villain it seems,since Secret Six is also one of my favorite books.

Have the Green Lanterns sitting around drinking beer at the new bar instead of going around getting blown up all of the time. A little downtime would be appreciated. Tell us what their favorite drinks are. I 'll bet that Sodam Yat likes the Daxam equivalent of Cosmopolitans.

What stories would YOU all like to have?

9 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

A Shade mini-series would be nice. It would give Robinson something to do, and he's awfully good with Opal and the Shade.

Would you like a pony with that?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'd like to see the Ray have a good adventure. In space, on Earth, wherever. He was on the Justice League with Booster, Bea, and the others, maybe he could hang out with him. Or send him over to Marvel, he can join their awesome cosmic heroes.

I liked the idea of the Dibneys as a couple of crime-solving ghost detectives, but I'm not sure anyone used them that way. Dixon used them like Deadman in Batman and the Outsiders, but they didn't do much detecting.

A Nightcrawler mini-series focusing on his swashbuckling, Errol Flynn side, not his religious side. Ooh, a ROM Spaceknight mini-series! Sort out the trademarks, I don't care how! No Jim Starlin, his Spaceknight mini-series was garbage!

I want a comic where Iron Man admits "You know what? I screwed up these last few years. A lot. Sorry." I don't even need him punched in the face, just admit he was wrong.

More GrimJack, as often as Ostrander and Truman can provide it.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Bully said...

I was just reading the JLI trade vol. 4 last night and oh yes, I'd like to see all these characters come back. Sure, the League got a little silly at times, but the genuine sense of fun and the care the characters had for each other hasn't been matched since.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Shana Jean said...

I figured out how to bring the real Max back at one point. You know how he was a cyborg and then a human? And it was human Max who did the killing and he'd had some sort of retcon/operation to humanify him. But he'd probably keep a back-up of his brain just in case something went wrong. Have it resurface, give him a new robot body, bam, we're good.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger The One True GL said...

A Nightwing-less, Donna Troy-less JLA?

Or Guy dropping by the JLA watchtower and one-punching Nightwing. If you wear the cowl...

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger The One True GL said...

Calvin Pitt:
I liked the idea of the Dibneys as a couple of crime-solving ghost detectives, but I'm not sure anyone used them that way. Dixon used them like Deadman in Batman and the Outsiders, but they didn't do much detecting.

Maybe, you should look into "Dr. Mirage" trades from Valiant...

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I want a fun adventurous Adam Strange miniseries like "Planet Heist," and he has to go back to his classic costume.

I want a Martian Manhunter miniseries without the conehead.

I want a JLI miniseries.

I want a continuation of DC: New Frontier, written and drawn by Darwyn Cooke.

And I want a pony.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I miss 'Mazing Man. & Forbush Man.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger googum said...

Of course I want a fun Nightcrawler book. And a DC anthology book like the old Action Comics Weekly only good; with all those characters everyone loves but couldn't carry a book in a wheelbarrow: the Question (Vic!), Deadman, the Demon, Guy solo or at Warriors, Enemy Ace, Adam Strange...man, that list goes on.

Sorry about your computer, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home