Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Now That I Think About It...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Now That I Think About It...

...There are some additional benefits to having Birds of Prey back. Other than the pleasure of Gail Simone writing them, at least. I mentioned the other day, that I was going to be so happy to see Oracle, Black Canary and Lady Blackhawk again, while failing to mention Huntress.

This was an oops on my part. I like Huntress. I'd prefer her in a sensible costume instead of that abomination that Benes draws her in, but I suppose you can't have everything.

*sigh*

But still, if Helena is back, then perhaps we can see her interacting with Thomas Blake, aka Catman again. Because I admit it...I'm a girly girl sometimes, and they were ADORABLE!

Birds of Prey

Hey if Batman can have the hots for Catwoman, Huntress can lust after Catman...and vice versa.

If DC does the SENSIBLE thing, and also brings back Ted Kord, he can help supply logistics and...and stuff for Oracle. That would be nice. I've always liked Ted and Barbara together. Much more so than Babs and Dick actually. At least Ted is a grown-up. Well...sometimes he's a grown-up.

Of course I still want to see Fire and Ice in the Birds. Because that would mean that Guy could show up.

birds of prey

The possibilities for clashing and hilarity are endless. Besides, Guy and Zinda are old buddies. It would be great. And because obviously, it is all about what I want.

Who would you all like to see in the Birds of Prey?

15 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm just so happy to get BoP back, I don't care what's in it other than Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, and Zinda.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I LIKE Huntress, too! I like how she doesn't play by the rules. I like how she's out for a vendetta. Maybe it's because I'm Italian, but I just love that. Come to think of it, I can't think of any other Italian superheroes...

Oh, and the purple. I love the purple. Just not the ridiculous lack of clothing....

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Little solo missions for Zinda, any Zinda-focus story is pretty much automatically hilarious.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous wik said...

Gail did hint at a little something going on again between Catman and Huntress after the title gets settled again. Plus, something about him leaving messages which wind up with the wrong person and lead to unfortunate situations...

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I wouldn't mind seeing Cass Cain pop up in Birds of Prey every so often (as a hero, not a villain).

I wonder what would embarrass Dinah more, that the show they were watching suggested she was romantically involved with Metamorpho and J'onn, or if they had mentioned her actual relationships with Ra's A'Ghul (or however you spell it) and the Ray (which was damn near cradle-robbing).

Or was Dinah romantically involved with J'onn and Metamorpho? I can't see J'onn, but Metamorpho was a pretty cool guy before he became freaky element guy, right?

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous RichardAK said...

I'm not the biggest fan of the Huntress/Catman pairing, but as long as she stabs him occasionally, I'm happy with it.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Poor Dinah. I don't think she was actually romantically involved with J'onn OR Metamorpho and certainly not the Ray, but it is hilarious that the scandal sheets think that she was.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

The original Birds of Prey was great. Glad to see yet another DC comeback. What an awesome week!

As for your last bit, I personally like the idea of an all-female cast with Guy as the token guy. Not an actual member of the team, but a frequent guest star. He could be like Squiggy & Lenny on Laverne & Shirley!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

"Guy as the token guy"

Wow, I must be tired... seriously no pun intended.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"He could be like Squiggy & Lenny on Laverne & Shirley!"

Helloooooo....!

Would he be Lenny or Squiggy and create a construct for the other one, or would he just be both?

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Hate to break it to you, Sal, but Dinah did, in fact, deflower the Ray. I read it in the Ray's book. They did not have a full-on romantic relationship, though. It was more a case of "thanks for getting us back to our home planet and time period alive" sex. A one-time thing that Dinah pretty much regretted instantaneously. Blame it on Christopher Priest.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Wait a minute! They're sticking Helena back in that godawful Jim Lee bare-midriff-despite-operating-in-GOTHAM-FRIGGING-CITY costume, despite the fact that Cully Hamner JUST GAVE HER A NEW ONE? That SUCKS!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Dinah jumped the Ray? I never read his book I'm afraid.

Well!

That's...that's just wrong.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"despite the fact that Cully Hamner JUST GAVE HER A NEW ONE? That SUCKS!"

Amen, notintheface.

Bare midriffs seem to be all over the place lately in the DC universe...

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous HowAboutSomeGnortButt? said...

It's true, I just reread the issue of the Ray...

PS, what issue is that scan from? I remember reading it, can't seem to recall where...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home