Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wednesday Bonanza

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Bonanza

Well, I'm just flabberghasted. Here it is, Wednesday, and I go dancing into my beloved local Comic Book store, intent upon gobbling up whatever four-color delights are awaiting me. And there are some excellent delights, but I'll get to those anon. What did startle me, was a four foot tall stack of hardbound books by the front counter. Well, actually two four foot tall stacks of hardbound books. Volumes One and Two of the Photo-Journal: Guide to Comic Books, by Ernst and Mary Gerber.

I blinked. That was a helluva lot of books. Matt just sighed, when I asked him about them...turns out there was a...mix-up of sorts. A STRANGE mix-up. I'm not sure of all the details, but the end result was that I received two VERY large and heavy and beautiful books, originally priced at $75 apiece, for...free.

I KNEW baking all those cookies for Matt over the years would payoff...and it HAS! Oh, and I also mangaged to snag the blue Hope ring and the violet Star Sapphire ring. Woohoo!

Anyhoo...I never realized that John Wayne and Gabby Hayes had their own comic books. Or that there were quite so many Jungle Queens. Seriously, there were a LOT of Jungle Queens!

5 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Free hardcovers? Wow, the power of cookies!!

And I want that violet ring!! I can't wait till mine comes in the mail. Sally, is it man-sized like all the other rings? The others are even too big to wear on my thumb!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

For FREE?!?! Wow, that's excellent! I'm extremely jealous!

I think yesterday was just a good day for bargains and freebies. After reluctantly agreeing with Mr. Sea that we needed to get an artificial Christmas tree "for emergency backup reasons" (I much prefer REAL trees), yesterday I actually found a really nice 7-foot pre-lit LED tree for a mere $23.88! The guy at the store just shrugged and said it was last year's tree and they needed to get rid of it. Geez! $24 for a BIG pre-lit LED tree! They usually sell for $200 or more! What can I say? I grabbed the (very large) box, paid the cash, and RAN before someone decided they'd made a mistake.

Mr. Sea and I set it up last night just to make sure it worked. It does. Nice tree!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Liss, they are VERY good cookies.

And yes, the rings are all the larger sized ones, like the Black Rings, so they fit much better. Now all I need are the green and red ones. Christmassy!

Wow, Sea! $23 for a pre-lit tree is a STEAL!

There's nothing like a ridiculous bargain, to make one feel all warm inside.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Well, my ring size is under a size 5 so darn. :) It'll still look good on my dresser, though.

Pre-lit trees? I'm waiting for the-powers-that-be to invent Pre-Unwrapped Presents.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Liss, you have tiny little fingers. I have big fat fingers, so I misunderstood. But they'll still look nice as a display.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home