Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Winding to a Close

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Winding to a Close

And so, we draw to the close of Glorify Guy Week. It's been a delight, but all good things must end of course. So I'm going to finish things up, by simply posting some of my favorite "Guy" moments.

There are a LOT.

Guy pictures

I've always thought the little "expletives...and lots of 'em" tag was hilarious. It allowed us to fill in the blanks with our own feelthy imaginations.

Guy pictures

Shirtless Guy is always appreciated. It doesn't really happen that often, prior to the whole Warrior period.

Guy pictures
I've always liked this one. Kalinara is right, Guy IS surprisingly hot.

Guy pictures
And he's smokin' in sunglasses.

JLI

An interesting moment with Booster. Guy was played for laughs so often,that it was always a surprise when he was shown being heroic.

Photobucket
Guy displays his talent as an artist, while playing with Kilowog.

Guy and Kyle
Hanging out with Kyle...and looking almost as pretty.

JLI
Just hanging out with Ted drinking beer.

Guy pictures
Hanging out with Jaime. I see a trend here. Guy is fun to hang out with.

Guy pictures
This one still makes me tear up. *sniff*

Guy pictures
Still showing his moxie.

Guy pictures
Oh yeah.

And finally, what you've all really been waiting for...
Guy pictures

Yes. That IS Guy's ass. Eat your heart out, Hal!

11 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Guy was drawn rather well a lot of times in the JLA/E/I run. It always surprised me when I found a pretty faced panel of him because normally I just can't get past that stupid haircut!
Where is the tearful pic from?

All in all, a good week. :)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Guy is actually rather nice looking when he's not making faces. That is very seldom, however.

The crying picture is from the mini-series that Giffen/DeMatteis and Maguire did, and it was I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League! Or possibly from Fomerly Known as the Justice League, I can't remember off the top of my head, by they are out of continuity, although quite hilarious.

But they are crying over Tora.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Oberon's favorite actor is Bugs Bunny?

"Beware my power." HELLS yeah.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Suddenly I was reminded of "Glorified G" by Pearl Jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93ce-oTi34

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

That would be reason number 34 why i need to get hold of that mini. Off to ebay i go...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Moriarty said...

I love all of your choices. But I have to add one more to the list... from Blue Beetle #25: "That's right baby girl. I'm the crazy one." That's one of my favorite panels because of the way Milagro is striking a heroic stance trying to be like Guy. There was so much emotion leading up to that scene (and in the whole issue, for that matter), and Guy really got a nice chance to shine.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

*waves proudly* I did that! I did that!

http://gbfos.blogspot.com/2009/03/
lets-glorify-guy-week.html

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yup, Mac beat me to it. But it DOES display such a unique "Guyness", doesn't it?

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Awww, I'm sorry that Guy week is over. :-( I was rather enjoying it!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Erich said...

Have you ever seen Rick Veitch's depiction of Guy in Swamp Thing #81? I'm of mixed feelings, because it depicts Guy as a killer (he blows up the departing spaceship of a benevolent alien, thinking it's part of the INVASION!)...but at the same time he's still got some very cool moments:

1. Seeing the green glowing figure, Abby's hippy friend Chester says "Hey, it's Green Lantern! He's a good guy, right?" Then, we get a very nice close-up of Guy, saying. "That's right. I'm a very good Guy."

2. Abby angrily throws a lump of mud at the back of Guy's head; without even looking back, he creates a shield covering his back half, while nonchalantly adjusting his collar.

And it IS magnificently illustrated, as you might expect from Veitch.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sea...sorry, SKY, it is ALWAYS Guy Gardner week around here!

Erich, I have NOT seen Swamp Thing 81, or if I have, I don't remember it. I'll have to go pawing through my old Swamp Things. I DO have the one that introduced John Constantine...but this one with Guy sounds awesome! I must have it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home