Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Brave & the Bold Cartoon

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 05, 2009

The Brave & the Bold Cartoon

Has anybody been watching this? It appears on the Cartoon chanel at 8:00 EST on Friday, and it has been a hoot. It's rather nice to see Batman NOT be a tool for a change, and they've had such fabulous guest stars. They had Fire! Briefly, but she was there, helping to capture the Gentleman Ghost. And the new Blue Beetle, and an outrageously cocky Green Arrow, a bombastic Aquaman, and a morally challenged Plastic Man.

However, on last Friday's episode, they had Batman and Green Arrow get kidnapped by Merlin, and a bunch of stuff about Excalibur, and Jason Blood and Etrigan, all of which was quite nice. But what was REALLY fabulous, was a brief bit at the beginning, that had Bats on Oa for some reason, and they had Guy Gardner!

Whoohoo!

I've been waiting for his appearance since they first announced the show. Naturally, it was old obnoxious Guy, and he DID have that haircut, but I don't care, it was just fun. And Kilowog, and Katma, and C'hp and Salaak and Chaselon and Galius Zed and a few others showed up as well. I just sat there and squealed. My husband of course, thought that I had completely lost my mind, but he soon fell asleep in his chair and I was able to continue viewing without interruption.

I hope that they have another appearance SOON!

7 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

The BEST part, though, was when Kilowog walked in with the cute widdle bitty alien, and Guy poured his coffee on it ... and all hell broke loose. SO FUNNY!

And it was so nice to see Salaak and Ch'P sitting together and talking in the GL lounge. Awwwww ... I'll bet Salaak really misses Ch'P.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Shana Jean said...

Oh, man, I love Brave and the Bold! It's just so consistently fun! Even if it is WEIRD seeing Batman not being a dick. But I love it. I kept getting excited over all the guest stars. It's so awesome!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I loved seeing Bats work on a contraption with a screwdriver while all hell was happening around him. I also laughed at Guy trying to drop increasingly bigger & bigger things on the alien.

This series if great! I noticed that J.M.Demattis (sp?) wrote this episode. I know he has written some books along the line.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Tony Z™ said...

I'll tell ya. After only 5 episodes, I'd say B:B&B is already one of my favorite animated series. Right up there with Justice League Unlimited.

And I LOVE seeing Batman not being a dick. It reminds of the good old days! :)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said...

Brave & The Bold has been consistently awesome. I've been loving it for a while now.

And you're the first person I thought of when I saw this episode> I LOVE that they got Kilowog to call somebody "Poozer". XD

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part of this episode was the prison break! Almost all the escaping prisoners were villains from the old Adam West show!! Louie the Lilac was there, the Bookworm, the Siren, Marsha Queen of Diamonds, Egghead, King Tut, Shame, the Black Widow, Ma Barker--!! I'm not sure if the guy with the feather in his hat was supposed to be the Minstrel or the Archer, but who cares? Great fun!!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I was guffawing so hard, I didn't even notice that the jailbreak involved all the old television show villains. I think that the writers are just having the time of their lives, coming up with as much craziness as they can get away with.

It's fun.

I LIKE fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home