Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Mr. Gerber

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mr. Gerber

I just found out that Steve Gerber died, and I'm feeling rather depressed. He's been writing the Countdown to Mystery book, with Dr. Fate, and in my mind, it has been one of the very best of the Countdown tie-ins.

Mr. Gerber had been around for quite a while, and as with all of my favorite writers and artists, I just assumed that he would always be around. I can remember reading a book and liking it a lot, and THEN going back and realizing who the writer was....I unconciously read a lot of Steve Gerber books that way.

And then there was Howard the Duck. I remember picking this up on a whim and being enchanted. Sure it was silly, but there was a lot of very biting commentary, satire and irony all wrapped up those pages as well.

And then there was this.

silly

Hee hee.

I LOVED Dr. Bong! He was such an insane concept, such an over-the-top-and-then-some super villain. And he bloviated so very very well. I liked Howard, and I liked Beverly, but I REALLY liked Dr. Bong.

Thank you, Mr. Gerber.

4 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Will Staples said...

Oh, my goodness... I can't believe that.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Amazing, isn't it?

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Will Staples said...

Er, I meant I can't believe he died.

Though I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around Dr. Bong, too, to be honest.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oops. Sorry about that, my reply was hideously inappropriate then.

Dammit, I liked Steve Gerber.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home