Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Just Not With It

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Just Not With It

I have been very bad about posting lately, but seriously, I just haven't been around all that much for past couple of weeks, and for several weeks in the future!  This is not a bad thing, except it does wreak havok with my computer habits.

I did read the new Green Lantern Corps book from DC from last Wednesday.  Alas, the Corps wasn't actually...present, but we did get a quick history of Hal's trials and tribulations and a basic reset of everything.  If you were a new reader, just jumping on, I guess, it was an adequate introduction.  I am not a new reader, but hey...at least he has given up that ASININE idea of being a "villain" in order to save the rest of the Corps. 

That...never made a lick of sense.  Ever. 

But then Hal is not particularly noted for his ratiocination.  Too many blows to the head, I would wager.  Hopefully, next month we will actually have the Corps, which is what I am interested in reading about. 

On the one hand, I am delighted with DC for bringing back so many of my favorite characters.  On the other hand, I am still furious at DC for getting rid of them in the first place.  I am still waiting for Ted Kord and Jaime and Booster, incidentally.  But at least it is a start.

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I think everyone has times where they don't post anything for awhile. I know I have.

Well Ted and Jaime will be back soon. We just have have to wait for Booster to return.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

The thing I find odd about the new GLC book is the solicits I saw kept touting that Hal is all that's left of the Corps, when no, there's at least two Green Lanterns on earth right now. I can understand Hal maybe not wanting to pit a couple of rookies against Sinestro, but he still shouldn't try to fight Sinestro's entire army alone.

And I can't figure why DC would sideline all their other Lanterns. They have to know a bunch of those characters have dedicated fanbases of their own, not all of which care about Hal. Why cost themselves those dollars?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Mista Whiskas said...

I think they're at least moving in a better direction...

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I am waiting with bated breath for Ted and Jaime. And yes, I think that DC is actually coming to realize that trashing most of their long and beloved history was a monumentally stupid thing to do.

Hal... well even though there ARE two Green Lanterns on earth, Hal still thinks that nobody can ever be as fabulous as he.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home