Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Whatever Happened To...?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Whatever Happened To...?

With all the newish continuity at DC, whatever happened to Starman? I know that Courtney has Jack's staff, but I can only assume that they have changed how she got it. Is Jack still in existence now? What about the original Starman?  And for that matter whatever happened to the Shade?

Dang it, I miss these guys. James Robinson's run on Starman was phenomenal. There really isn't anything out there right now that can compare, with the possible exception of the recent Sandman mini series that just finished up.

Something else occurred to me. Marvel has a habit of taking obscure (to the general public at least) characters and making thumping good movies out of them. DC... not so much. They seem to be stuck making endless Superman and Batman movies and retelling the origins over and over. But... if they ever wanted to go the Marvel route and pick an obscure character to make a movie about, the I would pay good money for a Shade movie.

And get Tom Hiddleston to play the Shade. He'd be... perfect.

6 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

Fantastic idea about the movies...but lets be honest here:

Marvel got an Ant-man film made that my 11 year old daughter was crazy excited to see in the theater and loved completely before DC gets Wonder Woman on the big screen in a film that (after Man of Steel) she has no desire in seeing ever.

One of these companies is not handling their characters correctly.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I haven't been following Stargirl in the new canon so I'm not sure. I assume Robinson was going to introduce Starman in Earth 2 but I guess it's up to whoever gets to write it now.

It's funny but Marvel does better movies while DC pretty much rules tv. Marvel can't touch their animated shows/movies and few are as memorable as DCs' live action series. Ar least in recent years.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yup... Marvel movies are fabulous, while DC television shows are pretty great too. I honestly have no interest in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie, except that Wonder Woman is supposed to be in it...I think?

But man, a Shade movie or a Sharman movie with Jack Knight...I would watch the Hell out of that!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

I think... THINK... that Starman still exists and is canon because Robinson did that Shade limited series after the New 52 started. That said DC have always been odd about anyone other than Robinson revisiting that setting and those characters.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Without more info, it seems Stargirl isn't a legacy character but just picked a name and motif she liked. No multiple Starmen, Star Spangled Kid or Stripesy have even been hinted at. Too bad 'cause Courtney is supremely boring without her back story. I would watch a Starman movie based on the first arc but a TV show would be better, preferably not part of the Arrowverse...

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I HAVE that Shade mini-series, and it's pretty darned good...but my memory is a sieve, so I didn't remember if it came out before or after the new 52.

And yes, Courtney without Pat is just wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home