Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Delicious Gothic Delight

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, November 06, 2015

A Delicious Gothic Delight

Yesturday I finally went to go see "Crimson Peak" at my local cinema. I don't actually go out to the movies all that often, but...oh my.  I may just have just swooned.  I have to admit that I am not much of a horror movie fan.  They give me nightmares.  But the prospect of ogling Tom Hiddleston's bare derriere was just too much of a lure.

Let me just say off the top, that Tom Hiddleston's behind is indeed a beautiful and glorious thing to behold.  I'm still lying limply on my fainting couch with a fan.  But this is a gloriously gorgeous movie...a veritable feast for the eyes and senses.  The colors, the costumes, the scenery and sets...are all just exquisite.  There are some seriously scary parts as well, but at least they actually make sense in the context of the plot and aren't just there for gratuitous blood and guts.  There IS blood...and plenty of it...but it is in essence a love story.  An amazingly horrible and twisted love story, but a love story nevertheless. 

It's Gothic Romance at its best, and it actually takes the time to set up the story and questions and twists and turns at a leisurely pace, which I happen to appreciate.  There is also one helluva twist at the very end, that makes it all even more interesting.  The cast does a superb job.  I was expecting Victorian Loki, but Sir Thomas Sharpe is something else.  Jessica Chastain is amazing as Lucille Sharpe, and Mia Wasikowska  as Edith, Sir Thomas's American bride does a lovely job.  She's no typical Damsel in Distress, but manages to have a brain as well as beauty and looks after herself quite capably.

It's a really really good movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home