Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Thursday's Reveiws

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday's Reveiws

And what a very nice week this was!  Although I just found out that Demon Knights is ending with this issue, and although I have been reading it for the entire run, my beloved store didn't...HAVE any issues!  I hope that their order gets filled next week, because I've enjoyed the heck out of it.

But on to the books that I did manage to get.

Batman #23

More of Year One coming from Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, and I am really loving this, which is something I never thought I'd say about a Bat book.  Capullo's artwork is rather gorgeous, and Snyder's writing isn't too bad either.

Bruce has been beaten to a pulp...pretty literally, and his uncle has a run-in with a young Eddie Nygma, that doesn't turn out too well...for his uncle that is.  Bruce's penthouse is blown up by the Red Hood and his nefarious gang, and Bruce is stabbed and shot and beaten, and in pretty bad shape, but manages through sheer stubborness and determination to drag himself to stately Wayne Manor, where he is patched up by Alfred.  And then he drags himself downstairs and has a few hallucinations, and there is a...bat on the bust and...oh, it's pretty cool really.

Batman:Li'l Gotham #5

I love this book.  Gosh, how I love this book.  You actually have characters that I am fond of, like Damian, and Cass I think, and oh heaven's, there are...tacos.  You just can't beat tacos. 

Constantine #6

Well, old John is hovering between life and death, with perhaps an emphasis on death, when he encounters some of the people he has screwed over, over the years, and naturally, his latest victim/friend isn't particularly happy.  Also other sorcerers are avid to annihilate him, and machinations are brewing.  I still miss Hellblazer, but this isn't terrible...in fact I actually rather like it.

Justice League of America #7

Well, the cat is out of the bag about Amanda Waller's attempts to take over or get rid of the old League, and her new League, and they all team up, and meanwhile, Wonder Woman is running around with the Justice League Dark, and Dr. Psycho is being....bad.  But J'onn J'onnz settles his hash rather neatly. 

Naturally everybody is fighting, and Superman looks pretty awful, and Batman really doesn't do all that much.  Simon Baz can't figure out how to get into the House of  Mystery, because as Flash points out...he's no Hal Jordan. 

*snicker*

Catwoman figures out that asking politely works quite well.  Bad guys show up and frankly, it is all a little on the chaotic side, but Doug Mahnke's art is appreciated as always.  And there is an explosion or two, and Wonder Woman ends up with Pandora's box, which probably will lead to some problems.

I can't fully decide if I should just wallow in all of the cross-over insanity of all of this, or simply back away.

Thor: God of Thunder #11

And so we come to the conclusion of the whole GodBomb story, and it ends with a bang!

Sorry, sorry.  I probably shouldn't have typed that.

But young Thor and old Thor are pleased that middle Thor...OUR Thor is the one who figures things out and wins out in the end.  The art is simply gorgeous, and the three Thors are a whole lot of fun actually. 

Saga #13

Oh Saga..I missed you so. 

Actually not a whole heck of a lot goes on, but it goes on SO nicely!  Marko is depressed because his dad is dead, Alana is tired because of the baby,and Marko's mom is a tough old bird and getting through her problems.  The Will is having hallucinations about the Stalk, his old girlfriend, who tells him he should move on, and there is sexual tension between he and Gwendolyn that will probabl be addressed sooner or later.  And the little Slave Girl gets a name, which is a good thing. 

Also, Marko and Alana et al, all land on the world of D. Oswald Heist, who wrote that book that brought them together, and their first encounter with him is...hilarious.  After the attack by the skeletons and stuff. 

If you are not reading this book...then you SHOULD!


Oh, and Green Lantern Corps was pretty decent too!  More on that tomorrow.

Not a bad week at all!

7 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Saga is one of those books that keeps renewing my faith in comics.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Absolutely! Usually when I really like something, it turns out to be the kiss of death, and it is soon cancelled, which drives me nuts.

But fortunately, I don't think that is going to happen this time.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm usually that way with restaurants. ;)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

And don't you just hate that?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Oh yeah. Just this week, I discovered a burger place I like near some movie theaters is gone. Now where will I eat when I go to that movie theater? Even worse, it was also near my comics shop.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Dagnabit! And it is always so suddenly, too.

Heck, I'm still mourning the loss of a little breakfast place from 24 years ago! I tend to obsess some times.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

You should def wallow in the JL crossover! Trinity War has been really good fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home