Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Dagnabit!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Dagnabit!

Once again my fershlugginer computer has died.  I swear that my house is a veritable computer graveyard.  Well, instead of dragging it back to my trusty PC fixer-upper guy...I think that I am going to make the jump to a laptop.  What the heck, do I really need a giant 3 cubic foot sized monitor anymore?  Or a giant tower thingie? 

I think not. 

And I have wi-fi now!  I am so with it. 

I don't play games, so I don't need some giant sized laptop with ginormous memory. I blog, I surf and I listen to my music. Occasionally check my bank balance and read my e-mail once a week if I remember.  Would one of these Google Chromebooks be sufficient?  Does anyone have any advice?  Anecdotes?  I'm such a luddite when it comes to computers.

But I still miss being able to go on.

6 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

A Chromebook may be fine for your needs. I'm not sold on Windows 8, and Apple/Macs are a ripoff IMO.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I just got a can of compressed air and took the cover off of the old unit and sprayed my little heart out. It is functioning...for now.

But a Chromebook does sound intriguing, nevertheless. I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the tech age!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

You may also want to look at a convertible tablet, like the ASUS eee pad Transformer (link). I've got one with the dock, and while I primarily use it for reading comics, it's much more versatile than that.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

A tablet eh? Never thought of that!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

If you add the dock, you'd have something you could type with and therefore you could pretty much do everything that you currently use your desktop for.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, cleaning my computer seems to have done the trick...but I think that I am still interested in this. I'll have to go and start investigating.

Thanks Randy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home