Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Back To The Old Grind

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Back To The Old Grind

Gosh, but I enjoyed those four days off.  So...Very...Much.  But I suppose it is just as well that I went back to work today.  The Friday that I was out, they blew up half of Springfield! 

And by "They", I mean the Gas Company.  Oops.  It took out the Gentleman's Club, so there are a whole lot of cold and unhappy strippers right now.  Fortunately, they were able to take refuge at another Strip Club down the block that didn't get blown up.  A Church and a Daycare also were damaged, being right next to the first Strip Club.  Only in Springfield, Mass. 

One of the young lady's was quite upset about having to abandon their....unique outfits at a moment's notice.  Apparently, and this is something that I never realized...they are quite expensive, and have all kinds of strategic velcro and other fastenings and...and stuff. 

Who knew? 

I do hope that the Gas Company is going to PAY for all of this.  The Gentlemen in Springfield certainly aren't happy.  All of which brings me to a weird thought.  How expensive would actual Superhero or Superheroine outfits BE?  I know that the treasured fantasy is that all Superheroes make their own costumes...a la Spider-Man, or Daredevil.  Or had their dear old Mom sew them for them or something, like Superman.  But how practical is that, really? 

Spandex may be readily available nowadays, but it certainly wasn't back in the OLD days.  And a lot of gentlemen don't necessarily sew very well...can't you just see it all coming apart?  And how durable would they be anyway?  Reed Richards came up with unstable molecules, which did manage to solve a whole litany of problems, but I don't know if that ever applied to the DC universe, where entire outfits can fit into a ring for example. 

Obviously Batman has Alfred who is ready to whip up anything that he may need, and I have rather enjoyed seeing Superman run around in work boots and a pair of jeans.  The Green Lanterns of course, have the most sensible solution of all...it is all made out of hard light from their rings.  If it gets torn, they just have to apply a little willpower, and it's all better.  Although I sometimes thought that Kyle LIKED all the rips and tears.  Probably Hal too.  Guy and John usually have their clothes on...dammit. 

I know that a lot of heroes wear their outfits under their streetclothes, which may be great in the winter, but man, that would have to stink in the summertime...literally.  Unless that stuff breathes, as Edna Mode said..."like Egyptian cotton". 

Oh well.  I guess they all get their stuff from the same people who supply them with trick arrows, light guns, batarangs and whatever other tricks they may have up their sleeves.  Their well-sewn sleeves.
Photobucket

Oh Hal.  He never met a mirror he didn't like.

7 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

+1 for the Incredibles reference

+1,000 for the "Gargoyle-Mirror" :-)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Erich said...

There was a scene in one of Grant Morrison's early "Animal Man" issues where Buddy (in civilian clothes) was talking with a friend when an emergency came up. Buddy said that he'd have to go get his costume and change, and his friend said "I thought you guys always wore your costumes under your clothes. Ready for action!" Buddy replied "Haven't you ever heard of hygiene, Roger?"

On an unrelated note, but one I thought you'd appreciate, I just posted a convention sketch I got of Dex-Starr:

http://fishflavoredbaseballbat.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-musical-monday-duet-dex-starr-and.html

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Why thank you Mac. I did find Hal's to be...special.

Erich, that is fabulous! And the Satanna one wasn't too bad either!

Such a cute little Rage Kitty.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

My goodness. I wouldn't worry about the young ladies' unique clothing, Sally. I feel certain they will have frequent visits from hardworking insurance adjustors who will need to know EXACTLY what they lost in this cataclysm. No doubt they will move heaven and earth to get them financial redress.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

And some people say that Insurance companies are heartless! Corporations are People Too!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Erich said...

Glad you're enjoying the sketches! I knew the Dex-Starr piece would be right up your alley.

Incidentally, I know you dropped "Red Lanterns" a while ago, but I was wondering if you were aware of a development in issue #14...Dex-Starr speaks! ("Earth? Midnighter. Revenge!") While I suppose it's reasonable that his ring could let him verbalize his thoughts, it still just didn't seem right to me. It probably would have been all right if they'd just used the thought-captions as in his origin story...but Dex-Starr shouldn't talk.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Considering he was just an ordinary earth cat...albeit an extremely ANGRY ordinary earth cat...it does seem awfully improbable.

Thought captions would have made a lot more sense. I have picked up a bit from the Red Lantern book, apparently going for the eyes will squish one of the Third Army guys or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home