Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Still Riding that Green Lantern Euphoria

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Still Riding that Green Lantern Euphoria

Critics Schmitics. I loved this movie. Granted, I am a very easy person to please in this matter. Still...it was fun, it didn't deviate from the source material, the changes that WERE made, made sense for the movie, the acting was excellent and the special effects were beautiful. I did NOT see it in 3-D, because quite frankly, I can't stand 3-D. I wear glasses, so it is always hard to see it anyway. The original is good enough for me.

The scenes on Oa were simply gorgeous. The Guardians were also fabulous...aloof, elegant and slightly sinister. It was fun looking for familiar Corps members, although there wasn't a whole lot of time to do so. Hal and Sinestro were great together...each of them alpha males. I loved Tomar Re. I didn't get to see a lot of Kilowog's behind, which was a pity, but he says...Poozer! Woohoo!


And damn it, Ryan Reynolds ass is simply a thing of beauty.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I think the problem is, the movie was made by GL fans (did you see Geoff Johns listed as a co-producer?) FOR GL fans. After watching it, I thought maybe people who didn't know a thing about GL (particularly what's been going on in the comics for the last six years) wouldn't be able to follow a lot of what was going on. For GL (mostly Hal) fans, though, it was a helluva fun movie.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

3 1/2 stars out of 4.

Only 2 real complaints:

1. Carol was too young.

2. The scene during the credits. Without context, it seemed too forced.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

The movie definetly made a heck of a lot more sense if you were a fan. And yet...my Sweet Babboo went with me, and he knows NOTHING about
Green Lanterns,except for what he has picked up from my constant blathering about them. And he was a little confused at first...but then he got it. Possibly because he is actually a very intelligent person, but also because if you pay attention, most of the details ARE there.

But oh...for a fan it was wonderful.

Carol does look very young, but it seems as though she and Hal are supposed to be fairly close in age. Not to mention Hector.

Face, I have to admit that I loved that scene during the credits. In fact, we went again TODAY to see it for the second time, bringing my son and a couple of his friends. As people were getting up to leave, I mentioned that it was worth their while, to stay for a few moments. And everyone went nuts.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Oh bugger I missed the scene in the credits. :( Is it online anywhere? Maybe I'll go see the movie again though,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home