Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: 52!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

52!

I actually have a listing of ALL the new books that DC is going to be releasing as #1's come September. I have even alphabetized them, for your viewing pleasure...because I am a compulsive alphabetizer. It's a curse.

Action Comics...presumably Superman, doing actiony sort of things.
All-Star Western...the transmogrified Jonah Hex
Animal Man...this is nice. I like him and his family.
Aquaman...Woohoo!
Batman
Batman: The Dark Knight
Batman and Robin
Batgirl
Batwoman...this is a whole lot of Bats.
Birds of Prey...sans Zinda and Helena and Barbara. Dagnabit.
Blackhawks...will Zinda show up here?
Blue Beetle...Jaime and his amazing family return!
Catwoman...I would be inclined to pick this up...but...Winick.
DC Universe Presents...actually I always like anthology books.
Deathstroke...this is actually not alphabetical. Rats. Man I can't stand Slade.
Demon Knights...Etrigan makes his appearance.
Detective Comics...more Bats.
Firestorm...Gail Simone and Ethan Van Sciver. I am so happy
Flash...I still like Barry.
Frankenstein: Agent of Shade.
Green Arrow...Oh Ollie...I can never stay mad at you.
Green Lantern...ditto for Hal
Green Lantern Corps...Guy and John! The universe may never recover.
Green Lantern: The New Guardians...Putting Kyle in charge of the Guardians can only
lead to hilarity
Grifter...eh.
Hawkman...being savage.
Hawk and Dove...Liefeld. I shall say no more.
I, Vampire...I actually loved this guy when he was in the Doctor Thirteen book.
Justice League...all the big guys less J'onn.
Justice League: Dark...oooh...spooky.
Justice League International...Woohooooo! Booster, Fire and Ice, Rocket Red, Guy,
Vixen, that Chinese General guy, and somebody I
don't know. But still...it's the JLI!
Legion of Super Heroes...obnoxious teens from the future.
Legion Lost...misplaced teens from the future.
Mister Terrific...actually...he is.
Nightwing...Dick is out of the Bat-suit.
Omac...Brother Eye?
Red Hood and the Outlaws...I really can't stand Jason, but hopefully Roy will be
rehabilitated. And he can Starfire can do...stuff.
Red Lanterns....Atrocitus takes his show on the road.
Resurrection Man...I am SO happy about this.
Sgt. Rock and Something...War Comics!
Static Shock...not bad.
Stormwatch...where J'onn ended up.
Superman: the Man of Tomorrow...guess who?
Superboy...ditto
Supergirl...new outfit and all.
Suicide Squad...where some of the Secret Six end up. Harley gets a new outfit.
Swamp Thing...picking up where Brightest Day left off apparently.
Teen Titans...Oh God...no.
Voodoo...indifferent to.
Wonder Woman...actually looking forward to this.

Alas, we are going to lose some very good books. No Booster Gold, but at least he'll be in the JLI. Jonah Hex will be in All-Star Western. Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors is gone, but Guy is in the GLC, and we'll have the new Guardian book with Kyle. Secret Six is gone, which has me QUITE depressed. No more Gotham City Sirens, but they all seem to show up in new books. No Power Girl either, nor the Justice Society. Man, I LOVE those old farts!

I guess we'll all see how these shake out. Some of them I imagine will be cancelled sooner rather than later, but again, we shall see.

8 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Ooh good alphabetical list! I'm gonna steal your list, if I may.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh crap, I forgot Captain Atom. You'll have to add him in. It must be a freudian slip or something.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

do I have to? I'd much prefer to ignore captain shinypants.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Wait, what? No Booster Gold?

No. This can't be happening!! I didn't realize it until I saw the whole list.

Noooooooo!!

Wait, is Jurgens writing JLI? That would cushion the blow a little bit.

Or will they keep Booster Gold going, but it just won't be a Number 1? I'm so confused.

And JLA: Dark? I haven't heard of that one yet. I wonder what that's about?

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger googum said...

If there is a book that you're particularly enjoying reading, email me to tell me not to buy it, since at least the last four DC books I read have been cancelled right out from under me. I wanna read Static and maybe that Etrigan thing, but I don't want to kill them...

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

"Harley gets a new outfit"

That's like saying "the Hindenburg makes a rough landing."

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Alas, there is no Booster Gold. I am heartbroken. No old farts in the JSA either. BUT...Booster will be in JLI, and written by Dan Jurgens, so all is not lost.

I also prefer to ignore Captain Shinypants, and will probably continue to do so.

Googum, I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many books I've loved, and had them cancelled on me. Blue Beetle, Thor: the Mighty Avenger, Nextwave, Birds of Prey, the New Atom...and so on and so forth.

Curses!

Yes...while the rest of the women are apparently getting pants, Harley, who actually WAS covered head to toe, in a really fabulous outfit...is apparently going to be running about in her underwear.

Why oh WHY has DC decided that Jim Lee can actually design costumes? On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that it won't last. You know what is on all of that Trademarked Merchandise? The stuff that sells those lunchboxes and t-shirts? The original iconic costumes. And sooner or later, we'll all be back to them.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

terrible, terrible reviews about the Green Lantern movie. This made me pretty sad.
uswzb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home