Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Whither Lois?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Whither Lois?

Oops. You know that DC must be happy, because there was an article about whether or not Clark and Lois's marriage will survive the big shakeup in September on MSN on the omputer thingie. We've hit the big time!

The rumors circulating have the marriage broken up, and everyone younger. Because you know, you can't POSSIBLY have good stories about a married couple. DC looked at what Marvel did with Spider-Man and Mary Jane, and the dissolving of another happy marriage, not to mention YEARS of continuity, and decided that...Yup, this was probably the way to go! In that there is a lot of angst and weeping and gnashing of teeth...then yes, I would say that they have succeeded.

But really is pissing everyone off REALLY the best way to run a business? Comics are a funny thing. Any OTHER enterprise wouldn't dream of annoying their core customers. On the other hand, one does have to admit that satisfying the tastes of fanboys and fangirls is a very very intricate and difficult task. We are a tetchy lot...given to panic and moaning and then running out and buying the very stuff we swore we would not. I've done it. You've probably done it too.

But still...I really don't want to see Clark dating anyone other than Lois. It...it's just not RIGHT! And besides, Lois is cool. Amazingly cool. I LIKE Lois. She's got gumption. Ok, she falls out of windows a lot, but that could happen to practically ANYone in Metropolis. I would imagine that whenever someone spots Superman flying by, they all throw themselves out of the windows, just to see how long it takes for him to catch them. Heck, they may have betting pools going at the office for this sort of thing.

Ummm...where was I? Oh yes. It would be nice to clean up that mess that was left by JMS, but I really wouldn't like to see Clark and Lois split up. Heck, I'm going to admit it right now, I'm a girly girl, and I LIKE romance!

I guess we'll all see in September.

Superman

Oops...wrong picture.

Superman

Much better.

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

The more I read about what's going on in the DCU, the more I'm just so confused. I was looking at the September solicits, and wow, I don't know how to wrap my head around all that.

Getting rid of Lois and Clark? *sigh* Why can't we have happy couples? They better not touch Alanna and Adam Strange. Then I'll get really mad.

I just don't understand some things...like why they decided to make Dick Grayson Batman and now they're taking that away. (Apparently. Who knows for sure.)

Just give me some good, simple well-written stories with nice art and I'll be happy.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Good stories would be nice. A little nod to continuity would also be nice. Breaking up long-standing couples is NOT nice.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

I was madder about this, but Nerdy Birdy's column on Barbara really put things in perspective.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I don't know what to think about any of this. I'm a little concerned about how grim Grayson looked on that Nightwing cover (the red eyes or contacts or whatever didn't help). I think Dick Grayson needs to be the cheerful Batfamily member, amongst the guys anyway.

At least Jaime Reyes is getting his book back. That's good news, right?

Also, I like that Clark takes his glasses off in anticipation of the football to the head. Playing the milquetoast is one thing, but no reason to let his specs get busted.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I really do love the artwork in this. Lois looks so gorgeous.

Have you seen the new Jim Lee version of Superman's costume? It looks a bit like armor,which is silly, because if there is anybody in the world who DOESN'T need armor, it has to be Superman.

Booster's new outfit reminds me of his EXTREME days as well. Seriously, the '90's were not a good look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home