Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well...Here We All Are

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Well...Here We All Are

And so the Rapture has come and gone. Some people are feeling pretty depressed right about now. Ok, so the old guy who thought this up made a mistake. It happens. It's not the end of the world or anything.

Oops.

Anyway, I can't help but think that this whole thing is a bit...strange. I guess that I can understand that some people really really want to get to Heaven. But still, to wish for the total destruction and death of the entire World in order to achieve that desire seems a bit...well, MEAN! Un-Christian even. Not to mention just a tad on the selfish side.

In fact, it seems more like the world-conquering plan of your typical Comic Book Villain. But only a villain on a very grand scale. The old, "If I can't rule the world...I'll DESTROY IT!" kind of villain. Now Starro might think that it's just a fine and dandy idea, but for the rest of us, inCLUDING Lex Luthor, destroying the world is just counter-productive.

Besides, I've heard that in Heaven there is no Beer. That's why we drink it here. Or something.

Photobucket

And there is enough of this sort of thing going on all the time anyway. So let us all take a deep breath, and concentrate on the important things in life.

Like Comics.

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Out of idle curiosity, I clicked through to the comments page and now see that my Word Verification is "stleno". IS THIS A SIGN???!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Could be, Mac...could be.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Lordofthewaters said...

Beer?

Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Which is exactly why he wouldn't destroy the world!

Makes perfect sense to me.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"Having trouble coming up with a good Rapture joke? It's okay. It's not the end of the world." <--joke one of my students told me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home