Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Hi Mom!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Hi Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to you all. Especially if you just happen to be a Mother. Or have one. Which pretty much covers just about everyone except for Conner Kent. But he's got Martha looking out for him, so I don't feel TOO sorry for him.

Anyhoo. I do have to say that Mothers don't get quite the same amount of ink in Comics as Fathers do. It seems as though an awful lot of superheroes have massive Father issues. Look at Hal. Hal LOVES his Daddy. Mom...not so much. On the other end of the spectrum, Guy really hates his Daddy...and who can blame him? His Mom is a piece of work all by herself, and I think that he's secretly proud of her in a weird sort of way. I can't really say how John feels about either one of his parents...he doesn't seem to mention them all that much. Kyle of course had a fabulous Mother, in Maura, and it's a damned shame that they killed her off.

Martha Kent is probably the best Mom on the planet, closely followed by Bianca Reyes. Martha Wayne seems to have been a good Mother, although it seems all we ever see about her, is Bruce sobbing on her grave a lot. She's a bit hazy to me.


There are also a whole crapload of dead Moms. Hal's, Barry's, Bruce's, Diana's (although Hippolyta is so awesome that she keeps coming back...as well she should)
Ollie's, Dinah's, Dick's,J'onnz, Fire's, and so on and so forth. Tora's Mother isn't dead, and she's actually quite fabulous as well.

But since the need for angst and blood in Comics only seems to be escalating, please be sure to treasure your Mother's, both real and fictional. 'Cuz you never know.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger notintheface said...

I put the quintessential Bianca Reyes scene on my blog for Mother's Day.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I LOVE that scene! Seriously, Bianca Reyes is awesome.

Oh, and I managed to snag the services of one of my teenagers, home for the weekend, and your blog is now proudly listed on my sidebar thingie! It's about time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home