Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Anticipation

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anticipation

Finally! It's the Wednesday when all THREE of the Green Lantern books are going to be coming out! Personally, I would have spaced them out a bit, but on the other hand, it IS rather nice to get the entire story all together in one big lump, so I'm not complaining. Just don't get in front of me on the way to the Comic Book store today, because I WILL run you down. And laugh while I do it.

Bwhahahahahahaha!

So speaking of Green Lanterns. I always find it rather interesting when they take two characters that don't usually go together and try to make a story out of it. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. For the latter, just look at the recent story they tried to do, pairing up Hal and Plastic Man. I like them both...but together...it was just painful. However, I do have to admit that I am looking forward to the Guy/Batman story in a couple of months with HUGE anticipation.

But I got to thinking about Guy...as I frequently do, and it occured to me, that two of the most important people in his life, have never interacted with one another. I am speaking of course about Tora and Kyle. With the possible exception of running into each other at one of the huge groups of Heroes who always show up to fight the End Of The World, I can't think of a single instance where they have talked to each other,much less be introduced. And really...you would think that they might have a lot to talk about.

Kyle knows all about Tora of course, he's been listening to Guy talk about her for years, but I'm pretty sure that he hasn't actually met her. And he probably should. And Tora was dead when Kyle first showed up, and he's been on Oa, and not Earth. Again, I'm fairly sure that she's heard of him...if not from Guy, then from Fire. Fire has to know Kyle, they all hung out at Warriors back in the day.

But here we have two very nice people. Seriously, how can you not like Tora OR Kyle? And they happen to have a certain red-haired lunatic in common. I would LOVE to see a story that puts the two of them together...somehow. If I were running DC, all I would have to do, is point to Peter Tomasi or Geoff Johns or Gail Simone and, grab Ivan Reis, or Pat Gleason, or Doug Mahnke and say "make it so"...and voila!

Of course if I were running DC, we'd have a Blue Beetle book with Jaime and his family, a separate book for Fire and Ice, the old JLI back together, and Ted, Ralph, Sue, Dmitri, Scott and Barda AND Max would all find their way back from the inter-dimensional portal to Kooey Kooey Kooey where they've been living all this time. I'd keep Secret Six, but I add a book about the Flash's Rogues, 'cuz I just adore the Rogues. And I'd lure Chris Samnee and Roger Lackridge over to DC.

And there would be butt shots. Lots and lots of butt shots.

*ahem*

Well, now that I've gotten over my little moment of unbridled lust for power, I guess I'll mosey on over to the Comical Book Store, and sate my OTHER lust. Green Lantern lust! Oh, and whatever else happens to be coming in this week.

Guy pictures

3 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wait...they sell religious jeans now?

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger notintheface said...

In the words of Monty Python:

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam......

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Spam indeed. But what an...odd thing to be listing...especially on a blog devoted to fictional character's asses.

Which incidentally would probably look GREAT in their jeans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home